• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boot to replace Lange Xt 110 LV-love the fit, but removing too painful

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you are willing to pay for new boots, a heated boot bag is much cheaper. Just sayin.
I agree. I was just anxious because it hurt so bad when I took my boots off the last time I skied, that I didn't even go up the next time I had a free day. I would be willing to pay for new boots, but since I otherwise really like my Langes, I'm better off not spending that money on boots.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I agree. I was just anxious because it hurt so bad when I took my boots off the last time I skied, that I didn't even go up the next time I had a free day. I would be willing to pay for new boots, but since I otherwise really like my Langes, I'm better off not spending that money on boots.

With a lace up liner if you leave it on your foot, there really should be no pain in removing it from the shell. I just wait a few minutes for it to warm up a bit. By the time I pack up my other stuff, they usually come off pretty easy. But prior to lace up liners, that was a real pain.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It has two tabs, so you need both hands to pull the wrap apart, and a third to keep the boot steady!
View attachment 60410
My wife just got Intuition liners to replace packed out stock liners in her Hawx boots. She loves the fit around her foot and the improved warmth, but found the inner seam in the wrap pressed too much into her shin making them painful after skiing several days in a row. She was thin lower legs, LV heel with a high arch/instep, so she thinks the overlap wrap in her case is exceeding the design. Anyone have this problem and a solution?

@luliski I take off my Lange RS130 by spreading the overlap with my hands as much as possible to insert and remove my feet from my boots. I do not remove the liner to do so. I boot up inside where they are warm, but take them off in the lodge or at home after a bus ride, so they can still be cold. I've been known to wait awhile to let them warm! There is some brief pincing pain, but not enough to warrant a change in my boots. The Langes fit my feet too well to consider it at this point, but perhaps in a future boots purchase. I saw my bootfitter on Sunday to punch my big toes again, but he confirmed this boot is still the right one for my foot considering no other work has to be done. Monday's skiing was relatively pain free, except for the final extraction!

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With a lace up liner if you leave it on your foot, there really should be no pain in removing it from the shell. I just wait a few minutes for it to warm up a bit. By the time I pack up my other stuff, they usually come off pretty easy. But prior to lace up liners, that was a real pain.

Normally this would not hurt that much, but I had surgery on my left foot over the summer and it's still sore. I end up trying to push out of my boot with my toes as I flex forward, and that hurts. The other thing is that I like to boot up at the car. So today I kept my boots in front so they stayed warm on the drive up and I had no problem getting them on. But I got lots of snow on my boots on my last run, so even though it was warm, they were cold. I got it off more easily than last week, but not as painlessly as I had at home. Then I had to drive my manual transmission CR-V home, and there was an accident, so up and down with my sore foot on the clutch. Ouch!

I take off my Lange RS130 by spreading the overlap with my hands as much as possible to insert and remove my feet from my boots.
I have to leave the liner on when going in and out of shell to protect my foot, which is recovering from surgery.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
In summary the criteria are: on a budget, avoid pain, fit like a Lange.

Sounds like a recovering-from-surgery-fix is to stop booting up at the car.

Of course, you can kludge up a warming station at the car, either using a heated boot bag or using a $40 car seat heater in a cloth shopping bag. Take one of these and put it in one of these
112635_30509_41

, plug it into an accessory outlet and scroll Pugski on your phone while the boot warms.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
In summary the criteria are: on a budget, avoid pain, fit like a Lange.

Sounds like a recovering-from-surgery-fix is to stop booting up at the car.

Of course, you can kludge up a warming station at the car, either using a heated boot bag or using a $40 car seat heater in a cloth shopping bag. Take one of these and put it in one of these
112635_30509_41

, plug it into an accessory outlet and scroll Pugski on your phone while the boot warms.
Side benefit
You can warm your lunch up too !!!

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am 106mm last with very high arch. I had Hansons in the day and used silicone spray to get them on and off. I am using it again and it is about the only thing that works for me. I am currently on the Saloman X-Pro 130 boots. I had Atomic Live fit 130 that said wide fit on them. I liked the boots but they just killed me getting them on and off. Switched to the X-Pro 130 and have not looked back.