• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boots a bit smaller than binding

oxygem

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi, I recently bought a pair of ski with premounted bindings salomon z10. Later I get a 305mm boots and figured ot the smaller position of the bindings is 310mm. There is about 5mm between the heel of the boot and the back of the heel holder. The bindings perfectly locked the boot and look very stable. Question is it a nesessary to drill the ski or I can ride like that. Thanks

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is why there is adjustability in the track. As longas yoru forward pressure is correct, you will be good to go.

TS
oxygem

oxygem

Skier
In my case adjustability is 310-335 maybe for 305 boots. The binding holds the boots very strong and in the locked position look like they fit perfectly. My friend told me the hell of the boot must touch the heelholder and they can unlock during riding becouse they are too small.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You need to have the correct forward pressure, as shown with the indicator mark on your particular binding. If you are unsure of this, you should go to your local ski shop

TS
oxygem

oxygem

Skier
I see. I can't measure the pressure and to be sure it is like on the indicator. Can I? I have two ski services in the block one of them told me 5mm is acceptable, the other wants to reposition my binding.
I just decided to ask here.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Almost all modern bindings have a forward pressure indicator on the heel piece. On Markers it is a screw that slides in and out of the binding housing as you clamp and unclamp the boot in the binding. On Tyrolias it is usually a scribed range on the tab under the binding with an indicator on the housing; the binding moves back as you clamp the boot in the binding and an indictor on the housing needs to move into the scribed range. It's been too long since I've had Solomons, so I don't recall where the indicator is. Some bindings have a window to look through, some are like the tyrolias, some have an indicator on the side of the heel piece.

Get a hold of the manual for your bindings. It will show you the forward pressure indicator.
Or post some photos of your bindings from different angles of different parts. Take some photos of your binding and post them up.

You must have the forward pressure set correctly, as has already been said.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
This

TS
oxygem

oxygem

Skier
Thank you very much. I will check for the forward pressure indicator and will go to ski service to remount the bindings if needed. Have a nice day.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
To be blunt, an adjust and test will probably cost you well under $50. Is your health and safety worth that?

Good advice that I always follow. There are areas where I play DIY guy, but not with bindings. Too much at risk.

Sponsor

Staff online