• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eddie

Booting up
Skier
I am looking for suggestions for lightweight, comfortable, waterproof(or resistant), insulated ankle boots. I have Merrel hiking shoes, but they do not help me with all the puddles and snow and aren't insulated. At home I have Bean boots, but they are heavy, awkward and higher than ankle. AND uncomfortable. I only wear them when shoveling and trudging to and from a store during snow storms.
Thanks in advance.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I've had several pairs of the Columbia Bugaboots over the years. Lightweight, comfortable, waterproof, great traction on ice and snow and warm but they come up higher than the ankle.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Bugaboo's are great if you need insulation for cold. A little bulky for driving any distance.

I like Salomon foot wear. I use a hiking shoe most of the time.
They are a bit bulky but less than my winter work boots. They also weigh about half as much.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
We just always wear Sorels, with some sort of slip on traction device, in winter. In a mtn town ther are fashionable with anything from Carhartts to business casual.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Some Pajar's have a hidden device that makes them anti-slip. Saw them a couple of years ago in Banff. Thought what a great idea!! In the sole of the boot is an indentation that has a flip out metal u-shaped device with spikes. Flip it out if needed, leave it in place for not.

58145_3_5e651faf-8d96-4941-9477-911c72f2d64e_720x.jpg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
These are totally ridiculous, not waterproof, but I still want some:

https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/p/après-bootie

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
My wife and I Have Sorels. Hers are drastically heavier and bulkier than mine. No idea what their entire line looks like, but there is definitely variance in models, even within tall, double boots.
I know Sorel makes a lot of different boots but I've never found a pair that fit me right. It may just be my feet because I can't wear Timberland work boots either but I pretty much live in Redwings.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
These are totally ridiculous, not waterproof, but I still want some:

Oh, I bought a pair, then my SO got a pair. Comfiest things I’ve every had on my feet. I use them inside/outside when I get home from work these days as it’s getting colder. Not for walking around in the mud, and I doubt I’d use them for schleppiing to/from the parking lot at a ski area. Otherwise I can see keeping them in the car for the drive home after a day of skiing, especially if other boots listed in this thread are good bulky.

Probably an option for people who boot up at their car in the parking lot.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Maybe these?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Ogg