• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow. So, people really do that? Sigh. Of course, all they ate getting is a shell fit, and missing all of the alignment benefits. It's still theft. How sad.

:nono:

If the OP goes and visits Brian Deely at Pro Fit in Leesburg that many have suggested, he/she will get much more than a shell fit. He will get a great fitting boot and a ton of options as to how to move forward. If needed and wanted (which I doubt here) they can do insoles, alignment ajustments/canting, custom liners, etc. The one thing the OP will not get is up-sold on a lot of things he/she doesn’t want or need. I’ve dealt with Brian since I’ve taken up the sport and I can say he is not only a great shop owner and boot fitter, he is a great ambassador of the sport as well. The time and information he provides his customers dwarfs the money he takes in from them.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Wow. So, people really do that? Sigh. Of course, all they ate getting is a shell fit, and missing all of the alignment benefits. It's still theft. How sad.

Yup
All the time

Cust "I wanna try on boot x"

Nahh we don't work that way, we find a boot to fit your anatomy

Cust "I just wanna try boot X"

You can get try it on the internet then. happy trails, next paying customer please

Daily occurrence

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

I cannot even imagine wasting somebody’s time like that. Of course, I have a hard time resisting the urge to purchase on the spot. I’m terrible with self denial! :ogcool:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Ok, maybe we can branch out this interesting convo about people abusing bootfitters.

back to @unassumingpanda (btw, I wish I had had the subtle wit at the age of 14 to pick such a cool name), are you good to go now or still looking for ideas/guidance?

TS
unassumingpanda

unassumingpanda

looking for my poles
Skier
Ok, maybe we can branch out this interesting convo about people abusing bootfitters.

back to @unassumingpanda (btw, I wish I had had the subtle wit at the age of 14 to pick such a cool name), are you good to go now or still looking for ideas/guidance?
I think I have all the info I need right now, I'm thinking that I'll go see Brian at Pro-Fit once I get the money up. Thank you to everyone who responded. This is a great community and I'm glad that I found it.:D
Panda

Last edited:

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Yea from customer's perspective though, they see the bootfitter store often charges MSRP/MAP (because they bundles the fitting and adjustments for "Free" into the boot price rather then breaking that service out).
But when they google it, the same boot model name comes up for -$200; they think $200 can buy a lot of a lot boot adjustments, if I bought the right boot. Let's just roll the dice with off the shelf; then if i need adjustments, I can go pay hourly rates later for tweaks and still come out ahead.

Only those who have skied for awhile understand after experiencing having to cut skidays short due to sore or unperforming boots and not having fun. If you're committed to spending your days skiing; he "wasted" vacation days or wasted ski time outweigh the boot savings. I basically told my bootfitter just me THE setup that's best for me, no max budget; so I can do full ski day have fun, and repeat day after day...yea I ended up with a 4 digit bill, but wouldn't change a thing.

Last edited:

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I have all the info I need right now, I'm thinking that I'll go see Brian at Pro-Fit once I get the money up. Thank you to everyone who responded. This is a great community and I'm glad that I found it.:D
Panda

Hi @unassumingpanda, I was thinking about this thread and wondering if you had a chance to look at boots yet. No worries if not, I haven’t gotten new boots either and now mine are starting to crack at the instep. :eek: Just wanted to follow up.

Also, because I think it’s hilariious (& probably no one else will) I wanted to put it out there that a “panda” might want to know for the future that there are bamboo ski poles to be had! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
https://www.grasssticks.com/shop#!/Grass-Sticks-Ski-Poles/c/23444012/offset=0&sort=normal

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you think it's hilarious just based on the connection between "panda" and bamboo poles I see the humor. If it's the fact that they're available at all, well there are several of us who own Grass Sticks. My favorite poles ever.
Ha, yes the former!ogsmile I thought it would be perfect for a panda to have bamboo poles. Also great feedback @coskigirl, :thumb: I’m glad you like them because I’ve been thinking about getting some myself, but hadn’t heard from anyone who had used them. Based on my minimal knowledge of bamboo, it seems like they would be light and have a nice strong flex to them & they are probably also more sustainable, compared to metal poles. Plus lots of color options!:D

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ha, yes the former!ogsmile I thought it would be perfect for a panda to have bamboo poles. Also great feedback @coskigirl, :thumb: I’m glad you like them because I’ve been thinking about getting some myself, but hadn’t heard from anyone who had used them. Based on my minimal knowledge of bamboo, it seems like they would be light and have a nice strong flex to them & they are probably also more sustainable, compared to metal poles. Plus lots of color options!:D
Both DH and I have a pair and love them. The flex makes them feel "springy" and they are super light.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January