• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
Never skied the Enforcers, but I skied the Brahmas two years ago. However, I spend far too much time reading about a sport I will be lucky to do 2-3 weeks this year. And that is my impression of the Enforcer 88. We could also start a whole separate thread on the differences between the Enforcer 88 and 93!

Yeah, really intrigued with the differences between the two skinny brothers of the enforcer line.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Like many have said on this thread, some of the biggest differences between the Brahma 88 and Enforcer 88(or 94) is the amount of tip/tail taper(more on Enforcers) and mount points(more traditional or further back on Brahma).

What these do is give the Brahma with less taper an improvement in hard snow edge grip while giving up a bit of soft snow ease vs the Enforcers. The Enforcers more forward mount point makes it easier to pivot and less critical of stance vs the more traditional/drive your skis/forward stance favoured by the Brahma.

So a bit more on piste/traditional skier-Brahma. Skier who goes off piste skiing more and doesn’t see truly hard snow as often-Enforcer. Enforcer 94 got heavier and a touch stiffer vs the old 93 so I’d choose it over the 88 for someone seeing more heavy crud and a bit more fresh snow.

rooneykean

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Like many have said on this thread, some of the biggest differences between the Brahma 88 and Enforcer 88(or 94) is the amount of tip/tail taper(more on Enforcers) and mount points(more traditional or further back on Brahma).

What these do is give the Brahma with less taper an improvement in hard snow edge grip while giving up a bit of soft snow ease vs the Enforcers. The Enforcers more forward mount point makes it easier to pivot and less critical of stance vs the more traditional/drive your skis/forward stance favoured by the Brahma.

So a bit more on piste/traditional skier-Brahma. Skier who goes off piste skiing more and doesn’t see truly hard snow as often-Enforcer. Enforcer 94 got heavier and a touch stiffer vs the old 93 so I’d choose it over the 88 for someone seeing more heavy crud and a bit more fresh snow.
How's the mount point comparison between Enforcer 88, brahma 88 and Kendo 88?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
How's the mount point comparison between Enforcer 88, brahma 88 and Kendo 88?

Enforcer 88/94/100 are all just a hair over 8cm back from center, the Brahma 88(2021 or previous) are around 11cm back and the Kendo 88 are 11.5cm back at the furthest back line but there are lines at plus 1cm(10.5cm back) and plus 2cm(9.5cm back).

I have my Kendo 88s mounted at the +2/9.5cm back from center line to make more playful and like them there so far. Powder float is not a concern as I have wider skis and the 3D radius still works great there.

rooneykean

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Enforcer 88/94/100 are all just a hair over 8cm back from center, the Brahma 88(2021 or previous) are around 11cm back and the Kendo 88 are 11.5cm back at the furthest back line but there are lines at plus 1cm(10.5cm back) and plus 2cm(9.5cm back).

I have my Kendo 88s mounted at the +2/9.5cm back from center line to make more playful and like them there so far. Powder float is not a concern as I have wider skis and the 3D radius still works great there.
Thanks a lot for your information. Surprisingly Kendo is recommended even more back than Brahma.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One thing I've noted on the Enforcer 88 is that it surprisingly rips carving turns on groomers, but only if you get it up on a high edge angle.

When I look at the shape of the ski, it looks like all it would do is skid around, so I suspect that this is a factor of the ski not being overly stiff, and the carve comes as much from bending the ski as it does from the sidecut.

I'm continually impressed with how well the E88 (and E100) handle a WIDE range of conditions, and their combination of relative ease of use and high performance.

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been skiing the 16/17 model 187 brahma for 3+ years as my "do anything" ski and I still haven't found anything I'd like to replace it with. I see quite a few reviews refer to it as a lot of ski, but I never felt it as too much and for me I would not consider one of the shorter ones.
Other skis I frequently use are rossignol hero short turn (SL), atomic GS (FIS graded race skis) and the On3p Kartel 116 (very different choice for me as I am definitely a directional skier).
I am 6foot and about 180lbs

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Both are great. I've demoed both. But Brahma gets my vote. They're actually next on my want list after I sell an older Salomons.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I always wonder what these discussions would look like 35 years ago: "Should I get the 205 or 210 in anyone's ski?" So. Many. Choices. Now.
I constantly think about this!!! What would my 203 Rosi 4S's feel like if I hopped on them?!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I constantly think about this!!! What would my 203 Rosi 4S's feel like if I hopped on them?!
It would depend on how much life was left in them after the last time you skied them. If they didn't have too many days on them they would ski just as they did back in the day. You on the other hand would get tired quickly because the new skis are easy to ski compared to the old straight skis. Plus you are older than the 4S's that are at least 25 years old. But they were great skis of that time.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I am old and slow 6' 210 lb. I turn a lot and do a lot of round turns. Ski the inland Northwest. My skiing still sucks okay.
This is the 2nd year of having the Enforcer 88 on my ski wall. Love 'em! You can do any turn shape you want, at pretty much any speed short of ridiculous. Fun in the bumps, fun in the trees and cut up crud. It well let you do anything if you know the secret handshake. Not an ice skate but will hold on firm conditions. If the snow is over a foot or so will get out something more size appropriate, because I can; but these will still work.
They are a very good ski, but not a serious ski. They do anything really well but not GREAT at anything. They work for me, they might for you. (You can not loose with either ski.)

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It would depend on how much life was left in them after the last time you skied them. If they didn't have too many days on them they would ski just as they did back in the day. You on the other hand would get tired quickly because the new skis are easy to ski compared to the old straight skis. Plus you are older than the 4S's that are at least 25 years old. But they were great skis of that time.
All true!!!!

Coolhand

Getting off the lift
Skier
Even though these two skis share the same factory general build, they ski so differently for me. I get along great with the entire Blizzard Bonafide/Brahma line up and really enjoy every model they offer. I have struggled to like any Enforcer, even though they are the "Hot" skis in the all-mtn genre in North America. The Blizzi's are smooth, stable, and have tremendous edge hold, and carve great for me. I own a pair of each (Bonafide, Brahma 88, and Brahma 82)

The Nordi's don't perform like that at all for me. The tip seems vague and they don't hook-up and carve well for me, I also don't notice much playfulness or ease of turning. The Enforcers are just kind of "meh" for me. I keep wondering if there is something wrong with me or my skiing. It's interesting that the mount points are different between the Nordicas and Blizzards. Maybe if I moved the mount point back on the Enforcers, they might come alive. Does anyone else have this issue?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
4S's...
2D184328-5062-4916-9E61-4EEC6B76A62C.JPG

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have debated about these two skis for awhile. I had planned on picking up a pair this year, but I might hold off due to limited skiing that I am going to get in this year. I am currently on a pair of Brahma CAs (173 cm) from two years ago. I generally like the skis, but I just wish it had a touch more "oomph" and a bit more edge hold. The reason I went with CA vs the standard Brahma is that I do not like skis that feel planky.

These skis would be my Mid Atlantic / East Coast skis. I am 47, advanced skier, 5'7", 165 lbs who likes to ski equal time making fast GS turns on hardback and looking for the more challenging terrain on the mountain. A perfect run would have the first half be technical skiing like the runs off the Castlerock chair at Sugarbush immediately followed by a high speed twisting and rolling blue groomer back to the chair.

I had the Brahma CA (172cm) and moved to the Rustler 9 (180cm). The R9 are stiffer and have a better edge hold. They prefer shorter turn than GS turn (like your Brahma CA). Gap between the regular Brahma and Brahma CA is fairly important and I preferred the versatility of the R9. They are more off piste focused than the Brahma(s) but they represent a nice step up from the Brahma CA without going full metal with the regular Brahma.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the silver 4S came out in 83..the teal 85? Someone with a better memory might correct me.
Sound about right... I was 11 or 12 at the time...can you imagine some skinny kid skiing on 203 cm skis? WTF? Lol

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Enforcers are definitely more tapered tips/tails to aid it’s friendliness in soft snow, powder and off piste but it hurts it’s hard snow grip and turn initiation vs the Brahmas/Bonafide. More forward mount of the Enforcers aids in pivoting ability and playfulness but it’s a less traditional feel vs a carving ski so many do mount them back a bit.