• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month hits home

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just came across this thread...my goodness, Tricia! From Uncle Louie and I, wishing you 100% recovery and healing. Take good care--prayers for you and your mom!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Sweet - they even give you an executive nose picker.

Hope that's done and done.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_2835.jpeg

Picking up. Doctor said it could not have gone better.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see that @Philpug is posting pictures of @Tricia at her most glam. If I were to have done this with my wife, I would pay a very high price in the future ogsmile ogsmile ogsmile .

Seriously, all fingers and toes crossed that they've got the lot out, and that there will be very little post-op discomfort. Go @Tricia !
I'd expect nothing less.
I guess when I told him that I was willing to share all the dirty details in the hopes that it helps someone else, it was taken quite literally.
Honestly...I'm glad Phil was there because its easy to miss something with all the informaton you have to absorb.
I'm home in the recliner icing now, with a giant glass of water.
I really hate taking narcotics so was hoping not to, but I was cautioned by the discharge nurse to not be tough, urging me to take them at least for the first day.
I'm feeling relatively good now but I imagine the hospital drugs will wear off and it will be a different story.

That's sad news. Such talent lost.
Since my breast cancer was caught super early, contained, precancrous, I'm thinking that its a very different thing than metastatic bc.
I will let @Jwrags clear that up.

I will spare public photos of my breast after surgery, although everyone posts pics of their knee replacement looking gruesome after surgery.
Its interesting and doesn't look like what I thought it would.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I know that they say one absolutely mustn't, but when I was bedridden after a toe operation and most certainly was not going to be operating any machinery etc. etc., I discovered that a small glass of wine with the opiods had a significant accelerator effect: almost immediate transport to la-la land with zero pain ... I'm not so sure I should really have done it though ...

I will spare public photos of my breast after surgery
Does that mean that we'll just have to look forward to the photos post-recovery then? (J for Joke in case it isn't 100% obvious ...)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know that they say one absolutely mustn't, but when I was bedridden after a toe operation and most certainly was not going to be operating any machinery etc. etc., I discovered that a small glass of wine with the opiods had a significant accelerator effect: almost immediate transport to la-la land with zero pain ... I'm not so sure I should really have done it though ...

Does that mean that we'll just have to look forward to the photos post-recovery then? (J for Joke in case it isn't 100% obvious ...)
I will not admit nor deny that I have flashed my boobs in a drunken moment. ;)

Funny, there is a slight dimple where they took the two masses out. Phil said its like the thumb holder on the Govino rocks glasses. :roflmao:
*The surgeon says that usually fills in as it heals.

As for the small glass of wine with opioids, I've heard that more than once, but fortunately I've never been in enough pain to feel the need to experiment.
I do tend to have a pretty high pain threshold when it comes to major pain, but a little whiny when it comes to nagging or chronic pain.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just came across this thread...my goodness, Tricia! From Uncle Louie and I, wishing you 100% recovery and healing. Take good care--prayers for you and your mom!
You and UL are on my mind often. I hope you're doing well and that we can get together for some socializing some time in the future.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Good to hear that today went well. Thanks for the updates. I’ll continue to send positive thoughts.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Night two after surgery, no narcotics but a healthy glass of bourbon, ( @AKMINK was pouring) I slept really well, spending most of the night in the recliner chair.

Another thing I thought was really cool.
I have participated with the Pink Fest at Mt Rose every year since 2012. This event raises funds for Moms on the Run. Moms on the Run is an organization that does things for women with breast cancer that are unrelated to actual treatment, but the other things you don't think about like picking kids up at school because you're too sick, or can't drive. Getting groceries and picking up meds, or just helping you get to and from post op treatments.
When I checked in for surgery, I was given a compression cami with a note card that it was from Moms on the Run.
It feels good to see a tiny part of where my fundraising goes.

A180580B-9020-4B0B-8C89-3BE488F8A205.jpeg

Last edited:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I somehow missed the recent updates until now. I'm so glad it went well, @Tricia !!!! As for the photos, you make sure to take your revenge on Mr. Pugski once you're fully recovered. ;)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Met with surgeon for followup today.
She handed me the printed pathology report and explained it to me in detail.
The term No invasive malignancy is seen, and No malignancy is seen was prominent in every sample.

Whew!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
She hande me the printed pathology report and explained it to me in detail.
The term No invasive malignancy is seen, and No malignancy is seen was prominent in every sample.

Whew!
Great! Prayers do get answered.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
She hande me the printed pathology report and explained it to me in detail.

Whew!
Oh my goodness that is such good news!!!