• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month hits home

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yay, Yay, and Thrice Yay. Let one pair of skis be sacrificed on the bonfire to the Gods (suggest old, the Gods won't mind), and may the Pugski Gorvino overfloweth!
1603424893517.png

I just put some demon alchy-hol into one of my new PugSki Gorvino glasses (it was a virgin glass) to celebrate this good news. You have been toasted from afar @Tricia

Last edited:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yay, Yay, and Thrice Yay. Let one pair of skis be sacrificed on the bonfire to the Gods (suggest old, the Gods won't mind), and may the Pugski Gorvino overfloweth!
View attachment 112980
I just put some demon alchy-hol into one of my new PugSki Gorvino glasses (it was a virgin glass) to celebrate this good news. You have been toasted from afar @Tricia

you need to show the full label....

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 112980
That's the proper way to celebrate!
Mmmmm scotch. :drool::rocks:

Last edited:

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Met with surgeon for followup today.
She hande me the printed pathology report and explained it to me in detail.
The term No invasive malignancy is seen, and No malignancy is seen was prominent in every sample.

Whew!
Awesome news. I remember hearing similar story with wifes experience as well. So happy for you!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Its been a while since I've updated here and some have been PMing me to ask how its going.

I met with a radiation oncologist 2 weeks ago. She recommended doing radiation for 4 weeks, 5 days a week, which is a shorter stint than usual becasue of the low risk I have for the cancer coming back. Her reason to do radiation is, if there is an errant cell of cancer left behind it could come back invasively, so lets make sure its erradicated entirely.
I was mapped for radiation a week ago and will begin treatements today.
There is a possiblity of doing hormone blockers for a few years, but we're waiting for my lab work to determine what my hormone levels are.
My treatments are scheudled for early afternoon every week day so I will be able to ski mornings when Mt Rose opens up and make it to the treatment.

I'll admit, the idea of hormone blockers makes me nervous because of the side affects.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Its been a while since I've updated here and some have been PMing me to ask how its going.

I met with a radiation oncologist 2 weeks ago. She recommended doing radiation for 4 weeks, 5 days a week, which is a shorter stint than usual becasue of the low risk I have for the cancer coming back. Her reson to do radiation is, if there is an errant cell of cancer left behind it could come back invasively, so lets make sure its erradicated entirely.
There is a possiblity of doing hormone blockers for a few years, but we're waiting for my lab work to determine what my hormone levels are.
My treatments are scheudled for early afternoon every week day so I will be able to ski mornings when Mt Rose opens up and make it to the treatment.

I'll admit, the idea of hormone blockers makes me nervous because of the side affects.
We're all rooting for you @Tricia. Hope all goes well.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

I met with a radiation oncologist 2 weeks ago. She recommended doing radiation for 4 weeks, 5 days a week, which is a shorter stint than usual becasue of the low risk I have for the cancer coming back. Her reson to do radiation is, if there is an errant cell of cancer left behind it could come back invasively, so lets make sure its erradicated entirely.

Thank you for sharing. :hug:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor

My thoughts will be with you every one of those 5 days a week, all 4 weeks. That should do the job. Hormone blockers? Can't be too careful; do it!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
You better be at Rose today. :) I know not open.

Take care and venture on.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got back a from my first treatment over an hour ago. Its definitely an interesting process.

I arrived back home to a quick healing gift from a friend in Michigan
It made me giggle.
I hope it doesn't offend anyone. If it does, I can delete.
B1180755-CB57-4977-B305-A0606169B11F.JPG

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I got back a from my first treatment over an hour ago. Its definitely an interesting process.

I arrived back home to a quick healing gift from a friend in Michigan
It made me giggle.
I hope it doesn't offend anyone. If it does, I can delete.
View attachment 115102
Aren't the girls supposed to be IN the cup?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Uncle-A asked me why I'm up so early in the 13 channels thread.
Here's the answer....
Two things, One why are you up so early?

Why am I up early?
I fell alseep really early last night and I'm getting ready to go skiing this morning before radiation. And (bonus) I get to to consult with the gastroenterologist after radiation today so I can find out if I can get my other screenings set up before the end of the year and take advantage of a deductible that's already met.
Its going to be a big day for me :D

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Going skiing is a good enough reason on it's own. Getting another treatment and working with other MD's to fit appointment's in before the end of year. It is good to keep busy. Remember thoughts and prayers go with you.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Going skiing is a good enough reason on it's own. Getting another treatment and working with other MD's to fit appointment's in before the end of year. It is good to keep busy. Remember thoughts and prayers go with you.
Thanks for the love.
The only concern with the colonoscopy may be dehydration and fatigue. I may end up waiting until next year for that, but that's why I'm consulting with them and the oncologist.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Thanks for the love.
The only concern with the colonoscopy may be dehydration and fatigue. I may end up waiting until next year for that, but that's why I'm consulting with them and the oncologist.
The treatment weakens you as is and with what is going on with Covid-19 please be careful.

Sponsor

Staff online