• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month hits home

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The anniversary of my surgery slipped by without me noticing. What does that mean about me? I guess it means that I feel healthy and happy and am not dwelling on the surgery date, but more so I am living and in fact, I rode my mountain bike on the 2nd anniversary of the surgery.
My 6 month follow up imaging is scheduled and check ups with surgeon and oncologist coming up.

Meanwhile 5.10 Shoes have come out with a Breast Cancer Featured shoe for biking.

And I have been supporting the organization I posted about above called Tuesdays In The Snow Deep For Breast Cancer.

The unique platform for Tuesdays In The Snow Deep is that its about awareness for younger women who are not on the radar for getting mammograms.
It supports women under 40 who either have, have had, or are at risk for breast cancer. In most situations, they recommend genetic testing instead of mammograms so these young women are aware of their personal risk for cancer.
The Tuesdays In The Snow Deep site and founder of the organization has a friend who was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer at a young age (younger than recommended for mammograms) Here is her story.

Both of these programs are emphasizing the importance of getting outdoors and taking your health into your own hands.

Be well and cherish your good health.

( . ) ( . )

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I forgot it was breast cancer awareness month (and I had breast cancer) until I saw the bright pink socks on the rugby players at the match we were at yesterday. LOL.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The anniversary of my surgery slipped by without me noticing. What does that mean about me? I guess it means that I feel healthy and happy and am not dwelling on the surgery date, but more so I am living and in fact, I rode my mountain bike on the 2nd anniversary of the surgery.
My 6 month follow up imaging is scheduled and check ups with surgeon and oncologist coming up.

Meanwhile 5.10 Shoes have come out with a Breast Cancer Featured show for biking.

And I have been supporting the organization I posted about above called Tuesdays In The Snow Deep For Breast Cancer.

The unique platform for Tuesdays In The Snow Deep is that its about awareness for younger women who are not on the radar for getting mammograms.
It supports women under 40 who either have, have had, or are at risk for breast cancer. In most situations, they recommend genetic testing instead of mammograms so these young women are aware of their personal risk for cancer.
The Tuesdays In The Snow Deep site and founder of the organization has a friend who was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer at a young age (younger than recommended for mammograms) Here is her story.

Both of these programs are emphasizing the importance of getting outdoors and taking your health into your own hands.

( . ) ( . )

So happy for you!!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Meanwhile 5.10 Shoes have come out with a Breast Cancer Featured shoe for biking.

( . ) ( . )
A year already?! You're doing awesome. Glad you're getting some riding in!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Was watching GMA today and saw a story about this guy who had breast cancer.

I know there were a few men on the site who said they had battled breast cancer and I immediately turned my thoughts to how different the BC Journey is for men than women. My heart goes out to you.
@Posaune (brother) @Snowfan

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here we are again.
If you haven't scheduled your check up, you should use this as a reminder that early detection is going to save your life.

And lets pray for a winter that's
Tuesdays In The Snow deep scan.png

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
A close relation had breast cancer surgery 2 weeks ago. Things are going very well. Early detection saves lives, the self examination and scheduled mammograms.

In the Seattle region--it hard to find sufficient compliments for the fine people at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center Breast Health Clinic and the surgeons at the University of Washington Medical Center. Thank you everyone! A special thanks to the nurse-navigator who was always available to answer questions and give great advice.

I just looked up some statistics. About 1 man out of 833 will get breast cancer at some point in his lifetime. Women get breast cancer about 1 out of 8.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A close relation had breast cancer surgery 2 weeks ago. Things are going very well. Early detection saves lives, the self examination and scheduled mammograms.

In the Seattle region--it hard to find sufficient compliments for the fine people at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center Breast Health Clinic and the surgeons at the University of Washington Medical Center. Thank you everyone! A special thanks to the nurse-navigator who was always available to answer questions and give great advice.

I just looked up some statistics. About 1 man out of 833 will get breast cancer at some point in his lifetime. Women get breast cancer about 1 out of 8.
Thank you for your thoughtful post. Sending positive healing vibes to you and your family.
As you know, it can hit quite close to home, as the title says.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

How are you and your close relation doing?