• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While this is my least favorite of all Lexi, I don't think there is a better $28K new car out there.

2001_lexus_gs_1629985870f66e7dff9f98764da2001_lexus_gs_1629985869ff9f98764da7bd19934-94a5-42ca-a989-b16cd87069c4-tBNutg-scaled.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

James

Out There
Instructor
*actually thought about that Saab 9-2X for a few seconds*
Yeah that Saab is pretty good looking. You could pretend to want the Jag, start the process, then “come to your senses” and get the Saab. That way it looks like a very good decision.

Did we have Golf wagons?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Some very cool cars.

I did a quick double take on the blue S6 Avant. I had an absolute twin of that car, including the 6 speed conversion {which was easy to do}. Same color, same interior. My guess is that my old one looks a lot more worn than that one! It was a dumb project. I MUCH preferred the older C4S6
Avants that we had.

The “Saabaru” always makes me think back to when we bought a 2005 LGT wagon, and needed some extra wheels. Saab was discontinuing the car. One of the options were BBS RK rims. I heard that our local Saab dealer had a bunch. Yep. I bought 12, all in boxes, for $100 each. They had 50+!

We had a 1988 Volvo GLE Wagon, a 5 speed. Graphite. We bought it when our oldest was a baby, and brought his baby sister home in it. With studded snows on steelies and some sand in the trunk well, it was a pretty capable snow car. Red leathef seats. Might have been the most comfortable seats of any of our cars. One of our top 5 of “a lot” of cars. Great car.

The RS4 Avant is going to be interesting to watch. $56K already. We may see some seriously irrational bidding. People love Nogaro blue, and some look past the issues with a federalized car. The fact is that is a lot of money out there and somebody will spend it on the car!

My brother is the biggest Audi Avant “nut” that I know. Big time. He has a Blue RS2 Avant, in Europe, safely stored until shipping a car to the USA in it’s own container is “reasonably doable” again. He’s in no rush. Been waiting over 25 years.

The advantage of this RS4 is that it’s available….to be honest. And it’s “done.”
Seems like it will command a lot of money!

Thanks for posting, @Philpug!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Some very cool cars.

I did a quick double take on the blue S6 Avant. I had an absolute twin of that car, including the 6 speed conversion {which was easy to do}. Same color, same interior. My guess is that my old one looks a lot more worn than that one! It was a dumb project. I MUCH preferred the older C4S6
Avants that we had.

The “Saabaru” always makes me think back to when we bought a 2005 LGT wagon, and needed some extra wheels. Saab was discontinuing the car. One of the options were BBS RK rims. I heard that our local Saab dealer had a bunch. Yep. I bought 12, all in boxes, for $100 each. They had 50+!

We had a 1988 Volvo GLE Wagon, a 5 speed. Graphite. We bought it when our oldest was a baby, and brought his baby sister home in it. With studded snows on steelies and some sand in the trunk well, it was a pretty capable snow car. Red leathef seats. Might have been the most comfortable seats of any of our cars. One of our top 5 of “a lot” of cars. Great car.

The RS4 Avant is going to be interesting to watch. $56K already. We may see some seriously irrational bidding. People love Nogaro blue, and some look past the issues with a federalized car. The fact is that is a lot of money out there and somebody will spend it on the car!

My brother is the biggest Audi Avant “nut” that I know. Big time. He has a Blue RS2 Avant, in Europe, safely stored until shipping a car to the USA in it’s own container is “reasonably doable” again. He’s in no rush. Been waiting over 25 years.

The advantage of this RS4 is that it’s available….to be honest. And it’s “done.”
Seems like it will command a lot of money!

Thanks for posting, @Philpug!
When I first saw your post, I hadn't clicked through the link. I thought you were talking about this:

1636135003864.png

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
ONE year. 1995.5

Phenomenal car. And so easily “modified.”
Has the legendary 5 cylinder AAN turbo motor.

And a big following.
I had two of them - one black (near RS 2 spec upgrades) and one Europa blue. Both had Stromung exhausts.
Sold both for more than I paid - good decision financially and bad one emotionally. Agree they were phenomenal. Checked all the boxes.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What was unique about the Saabaru was that you could get the sunroof in the Turbo but could not in the WRX wagon..

I had an 88 744T gray/red interior. It was a solid solid sedan. Someone traded a 745 in the same color combo and it had a blown motor. I could have had for $100 and sent it up to Converse for a Ford 5.0 conversion but by boss who had a 744 with the conversion advised me against it.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I had two of them - one black (near RS 2 spec upgrades) and one Europa blue. Both had Stromung exhausts.
Sold both for more than I paid - good decision financially and bad one emotionally. Agree they were phenomenal. Checked all the boxes.

Those cars sound very familar. I’ve had three over the years. My first was a company car, bought brand new. Bone stock. I eventually had to sell and trade it. Not my choice.

Second was green, but with a black interior, which is actually pretty rare. I did a few things to it. Porsche calipers, S6+ suspension, Stromung, with an RS2 manifold. I was offered what I thought was just stupid money and sold it.

The third was red, and that ended up as quite a car. Converted from a five speed to a six speed, did the entire suspension and brakes. Bigger turbo, bigger intercooler, injectors, intake and exhaust. You name it. Done. The car had so much torque and my guess is 400hp. Plus it looked great.

I had somebody contact me though a mutual friend and that car went to Sweden. If it were something other than Red….like Europa blue{which is a great color}.I think I would have kept it.

My son had one, and decided wisely to sell it at a point when it made no sense to own it. 2009, it had 80K original miles. It was TOO nice for his needs. It became a Tacoma, and money in the bank. Still has it, 12 years and 255K more miles later. Great appliance.

He is going to buy another when he finds the right one, now that he has some space. Always looking. Will not be a winter car. Nor a garage queen. He’ll build a driver.

I am tempted, always, but my wife and I have two BMW wagons: a 325xi and a 328xi, both six speeds. No S6, but fun cars that should really last. We have two other cars, and I think a third might happen next week. So….a S6 does not make any sense for us, right now. Plus, I would have NO restraint in terms of sorting it and setting it up. I just know that.

What I think I will buy in a few years is an RS2. The one that started it all. Have to see where the market goes.

Just love German wagons. Older ones.

Sponsor

Staff online