• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I drove a RHD car for a week in New Zealand, and it took a couple of days to adjust when I got home - I kept turning on the wipers when I meant to signal. Oddly, I didn't do the reverse when I started driving in New Zealand.

I just spent three weeks driving around New Zealand, and I wholeheartedly agree that was one of the hardest parts about driving a RH vehicle.
The hardest part is the wipers and directionals, they are swapped. You go to turn right and you turn the wipers on ... well that might be a problem just for some of us. ;)

Now you guys know what us Kiwis have to deal with when we travel to most countries and hire cars.
I generally make one f..k up a trip ,normally it's when turning left at an intersection and NOT going to the far side of the road. No accidents caused......yet

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For the Look binding fans
1665370972433.png

The owner is a skier, note the IKON sticker in the window
1665371130229.png

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just noticed that there's another F40 for sale... it's at $1.5M with 11 days left in the auction.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just noticed that there's another F40 for sale... it's at $1.5M with 11 days left in the auction.

Yes another F40 ....yawn. ;)

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That Quattro is all well and good, but how about an old service course Volvo in Molteni colors?

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
My first car was a '76 Volvo 242 DL. I would absolutely love to find one of those in reasonably good condition now for an LS swap.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love a nice 244. I remember seeing a 243 at the Volvo museum in Gotheburg.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’ve seen some ultra low mile automatics but I really didn’t think one with manual transmission still existed.

The 1700mile preservation of a 1989 $14k fox body mustang will always crack me up. The only thing good about these Mustangs is actually driving them. FYI - if you stuck $14k in an SP 500 fund in 1989 you would have almost $400k today. Some fool will waste some money in this "investment" and then have to insure it and store it and never drive it for fear of ruining its value. Hilarious.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The 1700mile preservation of a 1989 $14k fox body mustang will always crack me up. The only thing good about these Mustangs is actually driving them. FYI - if you stuck $14k in an SP 500 fund in 1989 you would have almost $400k today. Some fool will waste some money in this "investment" and then have to insure it and store it and never drive it for fear of ruining its value. Hilarious.
I was never a fan of these myself

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm thinking it would make a great start for a race car. :ogbiggrin: I'm with you though, I'd never buy a car and not drive it.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was never a fan of these myself
Me neither, but I drove a few of them way back when and they were fun for the price in the context of the times. They were also built like shyt. I happened to like the Camaros of this age better. The idea that this era Mustang is some kind of special item worth preservation is a joke.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^Especially the *early* Fox bodies. Starters. Fuel pumps. Squeaky bendy frames. Cr@p door closures.

But oh hey, lookitthat, you can get a Ghia model with a pleather roof a fake scoop and a leaky sunroof yay!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Yes another F40 ....yawn. ;)

5 days left on the F40 and currently at $1.6M, the 28th highest bid ever on BaT.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Reserve not met at $56,000!!!! There must be gold buried somewhere inside the body panels.