• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

James

Out There
Instructor
Whoever bought the Land Cruiser needs this new old Bronco to complete the compound. (Plus an IH Scout.)
348F4AD0-8A1F-47F0-81F3-E083211F076C.jpeg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I rememebr they couldn't give these away when they were new

2003_volkswagen_eurovan_mv_weekender_1622156115071ceae92003_volkswagen_eurovan_mv_weekender_16219138826e7dff9f98764dac92c899b-e65d-4c64-b775-bbb3d8ad6337-dRNRA7.jpg

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Expensive day on BaT:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Expensive day on BaT:

Plus this one that sold a few days ago:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Plus this one that sold a few days ago:

I didn't realize they used a 3.5 Ecoboost in those cars. I guess I figured for the price of admission you'd get something more interesting under the hood.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't realize they used a 3.5 Ecoboost in those cars. I guess I figured for the price of admission you'd get something more interesting under the hood.
From the guy that was bidding $1M:
Haha. I missed it. Not a fan of these weekends auctions but understand the need. Was out with my kid on the boat. More important..still would have held my cap at a million most likely.
Cool car, enjoy it.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was actually referring to the original MSRP of $600K. For exotic car $$$ I'd expect something more...exotic. A 5.0 V8 Ecoboost maybe. :huh:
The prior gen GT has a 5.4L V8. I think they went more modern with whatever the newest eco boost technology is, a little better fuel economy, and it still does a 3.0s 0-60 in the V6 version.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I think partly, we may take for granted just how good the motors in cars are these days. 680hp? Check..with warranty. The IndyCar folks wanted 3.5L turbos because that tech had real-world application. So really, it may not be as bad we we may think.

Reactions: Ogg

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think partly, we may take for granted just how good the motors in cars are these days. 680hp? Check..with warranty. The IndyCar folks wanted 3.5L turbos because that tech had real-world application. So really, it may not be as bad we we may think.
Maybe so, but the aural pleasure of an engine goes down proportionately as the number of cylinders decreases. That is why they'll have to pry my V8 motors out of my dead hands, and why F1 is a lesser experience now that they've gone from the V12 and V10s to V6 engines.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe so, but the aural pleasure of an engine goes down proportionately as the number of cylinders decreases. That is why they'll have to pry my V8 motors out of my dead hands, and why F1 is a lesser experience now that they've gone from the V12 and V10s to V6 engines.
I don’t know about that. Jaguar F-Type V6 sounds amazing. Certain boxer 6d are OK too…
I love cars and understanding engines and how they work, and I've followed F1 on and off over the years... but for me, I've never understood why people care about the engine sound. They're all similar, and all too noisy. If someone could invent a silent ICE, that would be cool.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I love cars and understanding engines and how they work, and I've followed F1 on and off over the years... but for me, I've never understood why people care about the engine sound. They're all similar, and all too noisy. If someone could invent a silent ICE, that would be cool.

The Audi TDI Le Mans cars were pretty close.

James

Out There
Instructor
They're all similar, and all too noisy. If someone could invent a silent ICE, that would be cool.
:nono: Electric = boring.
Go to a drag race with ear protection and top fuelers. Feel the sound.
I went to Indy car racing when they had it in the Meadowlands parking lots. Engine sounds are a big part of the experience.
But people were snobbish for years against v8’s. Now it’s sixes and 4’s.

scott43

Skier
I don't disagree. I do love that BMW M5 V10. What a nice sound.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well that's why I said a silent ICE.
Well that’s why it’s the same as electric from a distance. silent = silent.
Or now you’re talking gearbox sounds? Because that’s what your left with.

Even very old small model slot cars ( mid 70’s) had a more interesting sound then the newer, much faster cars. They also took some time to get up to speed, which is a more interesting experience.

Sponsor

Staff online