• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
The Unimog is a pretty unique piece of equipment, that fits the niche of "I have a lot of money, I have a lot of space, I love my toys, and sure....I can use this!" I have one friend who own one and keeps it on the coast of Maine. His is "just the truck" with a hydraulic lifting boom on the rear bed. No bucket loader, no backhoe. He uses it for things like putting boats in the water, docks and floats in the water, moving some felled trees and foreword. And of course....making the appearance in the 4th of July parade.
His comment is that it will run forever.

Other friend seems to own at least one of everything, and keeps most of it on a 1500 acre ranch in Montana. When he bought his, he sent me a picture and I asked: "What are you going to do with that thing, seriously?" His response was something like; " No clue. None. But it looks cool, and I think belongs out here. We'll use it..."

Never going to be on my hit list. HOWEVER, I have for some reason seen a bunch of 1950 F150's lately. Some fully restored. I saw one the other day that is NOT restored, and has this worn, rusty patina. Looked so cool. BTW......Utah plates on it.

BaT, today?? The 1995.5 S6 Avant. We have had FIVE in our family over the years, if we include my brother as family. My wife and I have had two, our son, one. I am sitting on my hands. I want another, but not in the worst way. Just took on two other car projects.....enough for now.

And reserve not met at $15.5K....which is pretty healthy. Car has some question marks for me, too. But man, I love them.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
The BaT seller of the S6 avant is a regular on Quattroworld. He'll find a buyer at his price. Those were special cars. I had two 95.5 S6 avants (one europa blue and one brilliant black and highly modified to near S2 specs), and two S4 sedans ('92 (black) and '94 (tornado red). Loved 'em and should not have sold.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
LS1-Powered 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending August 17 (Lot #53,271) | Bring a Trailer now at a little over $20K sounds good in the videos or
2020 McLaren 600LT Spider Segestria Borealis for sale on BaT Auctions - ending August 17 (Lot #53,293) | Bring a Trailer for 10 times as much.

I thought McLarens were rare, but I've seen a lot of them in the week. Last Tuesday, I saw about 20 of them on CA-49 going the other way through North San Juan while I was on my way back from a couple of nights in the Lost Sierra. Friend who lives near there said he talked to somebody driving one who was stopped at gas station. He said McLarens were on their way over Yuba Pass to Tahoe, then they were going to Pebble Beach for the Concours. I saw two more on Friday; one was at a shop in Campbell that often has exotics and I checked out on while on a bike ride, and one I passed going S on 101 that stayed way closer behind a dump truck than I would stay in a much less valuable vehicle.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
LS1-Powered 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending August 17 (Lot #53,271) | Bring a Trailer now at a little over $20K sounds good in the videos or
2020 McLaren 600LT Spider Segestria Borealis for sale on BaT Auctions - ending August 17 (Lot #53,293) | Bring a Trailer for 10 times as much.

I thought McLarens were rare, but I've seen a lot of them in the week. Last Tuesday, I saw about 20 of them on CA-49 going the other way through North San Juan while I was on my way back from a couple of nights in the Lost Sierra. Friend who lives near there said he talked to somebody driving one who was stopped at gas station. He said McLarens were on their way over Yuba Pass to Tahoe, then they were going to Pebble Beach for the Concours. I saw two more on Friday; one was at a shop in Campbell that often has exotics and I checked out on while on a bike ride, and one I passed going S on 101 that stayed way closer behind a dump truck than I would stay in a much less valuable vehicle.
That Miata would be tons of fun and/or I would die in it.
I did a bunch of work for a guy who collected cream of the crop Corvettes. He had a McLaren for a while that he used as his commuter car to NYC from LI.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
That Miata would be tons of fun and/or I would die in it.
I did a bunch of work for a guy who collected cream of the crop Corvettes. He had a McLaren for a while that he used as his commuter car to NYC from LI.
There said to be super comfy for a super car. Not that anyone ever let me sit in one.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
There said to be super comfy for a super car. Not that anyone ever let me sit in one.
From what he told me it could be anything from a luxury cruiser to a balls out race car depending on what setting he had it on.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Have to say, I drove a C6 Z06 Corvette with the magentoheological suspension and it was a nicer ride than my Civic at the time. Until you wanted to get at it and it was happy to tighten up. Stupidly fast car with a great sound track.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wonder what the gavel will drop at on this unicorn.

2001_dodge_ram_16273920730dec969160943.jpeg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Interesting....I'm guessing the current owner wanted something a little less maintenance-intensive...not to mention a little easier to drive to the ice cream stand LOL

It will be interesting to see what it sells for. Current price is way below value

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Interesting....I'm guessing the current owner wanted something a little less maintenance-intensive...not to mention a little easier to drive to the ice cream stand LOL

It will be interesting to see what it sells for. Current price is way below value
Reading the comments it seems the consensus is it never should have been changed. That’s likely effecting the price. Someone might get a relative bargain.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
i remember back in the late 70's at a local ice cream stand (Cliff's in Ledgewood NJ, for anyone that may be familiar) there was a Ferrari Daytona parked there. When the owner fired it up and drove away...well, that was definitely music!

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Every hear one of these have their motor revved? A symphony. The most amazing sounding car I have ever heard.
Yup; guy who lives in my town (think he might be an heir to the family that started the Yellow Pages (some here will remember what those were!) has one, and parked it outside of our LBS. Needless to say, I waited for him to finish bike shopping and start it up. The wait was worth it.
Have a pic of it on one of my old phones. Will try to find it and post it.

Sponsor