• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Broken Cap on PX15 Binding

Talking Monkey

Booting up
Skier
Hello. Recently while racing slalom, I struck a gate with the toe-piece of my PX15 binding and cracked the round plastic cap under the DIN adjustment screw. Is this part replaceable, and if so, how would I get a new one? I already contacted Look and they do not offer that part for aftermarket purchase. Thanks!
20210220_113237.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, Look is funny thay way, they do not offer replacement parts. Did they offer the option of sending the toe to them for replacement? Worse case is to keep an eye on FB market or Ebay for Look/Rossi 15 toes to find that part. I can take a look (haha) when I get back to the shop to see if I have one. I think it might be different than the 18.

TS
Talking Monkey

Talking Monkey

Booting up
Skier
Yeah, Look is funny thay way, they do not offer replacement parts. Did they offer the option of sending the toe to them for replacement? Worse case is to keep an eye on FB market or Ebay for Look/Rossi 15 toes to find that part. I can take a look (haha) when I get back to the shop to see if I have one. I think it might be different than the 18.

No, they didn't offer to have me send the toe in for repair. Thanks!

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can see a profitable aftermarket business for ski bindings. Would piss off the ski industry companies, but maybe thats what they need to realize that customers are key and you need to take care of them or some else will and take them.

Just say’n.... ogwink :ogcool:

TS
Talking Monkey

Talking Monkey

Booting up
Skier
Just wanted to update this thread with some good news. Out of the blue on Apr 21st I received another email from Look apologizing for the delayed response and offering to put me in touch with their service center. They provided instructions to send the toe-piece in for repair. I received the repaired toe yesterday and all is well now.

I think when I originally reached out to them I tried both the contact form on the website and the email address. One of the two resulted in no help as reported previously while the other was very helpful, but slow to respond. Not sure which was which.

Sponsor