• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Budget Boot for Expert Skier

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Good stuff, any thoughts about the CS Redster? Another bootfitter brought up how it had a narrow heel area.
We unfortunately do not carry atomic
From a few of @KingGrump 22.5 boots that I have personally inspected the pocket looks tighter
The head raptor WCR in 22.5 also looks pretty good

but again if what ya got is working
Don’t mess with it

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Good stuff, any thoughts about the CS Redster? Another bootfitter brought up how it had a narrow heel area.

If you are looking for a narrow boot in the Atomic line. Check out the Atomic STI 110. It's much narrower than the CS model.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
We unfortunately do not carry atomic
From a few of @KingGrump 22.5 boots that I have personally inspected the pocket looks tighter
The head raptor WCR in 22.5 also looks pretty good

but again if what ya got is working
Don’t mess with it
Absolutely! Just something to consider when my wife's boots need replacing. Thanks for the insights all!

Now back to the scheduled topic of ...what was the topic of this thread?

Jb.schulte

Booting up
Skier
America’s Best Bootfitters has the best reviews out there for boots, IMO. Not quite on the same level as what you describe for running shoes, but great high-level feedback describing fit and performance of boots.

I thought these reviews usually come out late August/early September, but I don’t see that the site has been updated since 22/23. Does anyone know if the site will be active for 23/24?

Sponsor

Staff online