• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cambered skis with low 20's radius and high 70s waist?

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Curious if anyone makes a ski that is mostly cambered, with a waist in the mid 70s-low 80s with a radius in the low 20s in the longest length. Just curious as I enjoy my Dobbermann 72RBs, S/Force Bolds and Evolve 100s but I think my ideal mountain groomer ski would be something like that. Think Dobbermann Spitfire 76 or Firebird HRC with a longer radius. Basically a wider cheater gs ski for groomed snow that isn't race course ice.

I can't think of any, and I'm sure it's because I'm a weirdo and nobody else would buy it, but I'm curious if I'm missing one thats out there? Actually, the K2 Disruption Ti2 would be very close. Slightly narrower than I'm talking about, but probably what I'm looking for otherwise (haven't skied it).

Last edited:

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
If you don’t see what you want in the rack, go custom.

Masters racer

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
That is exactly what I’m looking for in about a 183 CM. I’m not seeing any company make a 78 waisted ski with a radius more than 18. I’ve been in touch with Wanger and they can make me that ski for $2400!!

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
That is exactly what I’m looking for in about a 183 CM. I’m not seeing any company make a 78 waisted ski with a radius more than 18. I’ve been in touch with Wanger and they can make me that ski for $2400!!

There are a few other custom builders.… But a 1-off build is going to cost more than a production or stock build ski.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A bit narrow at 74, but what about a few years old Fischer The Curv Booster.
There is one for sale in a Buy & Sell in Kamloops B.C. for $400 $C. A cheap experiment if the guy will ship.

curv.jpg

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
No camber but…

TS
M

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
deacon 76 master darn good ski!

slightly narrower option, Stöckli SX

That is a good ski. Radius is a little tighter than I'm looking for though at less than 19m. Close, but not quite.

TS
M

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you’re willing to go a little wider, the Augment AM88C.
Yep, that seems like what I'm looking for (other than a bit wide) Wonder where I could demo one, would make an interesting comparison to the Disruption Ti2.

TS
M

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A bit narrow at 74, but what about a few years old Fischer The Curv Booster.
There is one for sale in a Buy & Sell in Kamloops B.C. for $400 $C. A cheap experiment if the guy will ship.
I had forgotten about that one! Thanks.

Sponsor

Staff online