• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Camelback Mountain reports a new high-speed quad.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
"Big changes are coming this winter season> Our new high-speed quad lift will connect both sides of the mountain."

Looks like it's replacing one of those Sun Bowl green lifts in the middle of the mountain (near the base of the Glen lift), and runs up the hill to the main base area (and the Sullivan lift).

Last edited:
Reactions: BC.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
"Big changes are coming this winter season> Our new high-speed quad lift will connect both sides of the mountain."

Looks like it's replacing one of those Sun Bowl green lifts in the middle of the mountain (near the base of the Glen lift), and runs up the hill to the main base area (and the Sullivan lift).
So you're not effectively trapped over on lookers left unless you use a Sun Bowl lift plus skating to get back. Seems like big $ for what it does.

Lift Blog

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
By high speed quad the marketing people do not mean a high speed detachable quad.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Haven't ridden many fixed grip quads. I do recall that Gents Ridge at Aspen Mt was nicknamed something like the creeping couch.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was up at the resort yesterday hiking up on the mountain. Saw construction of the new lift but really only the towers are up and the base station. Looked like they were deconstructing the 1 lift closest to the parking lot but I couldn't tell if they were doing anything to Sun Bowl 1 or not. Didn't go up to base area to see the top so don't know what the changes will be yet.
IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

Some nice color up in the Pocono's.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
So Camelback just re did their web site. Looks like its going to be pretty much status quo with most other resorts for lift operations (1 per each side of a quad, singles on doubles and triples) Wonder if that means they will run Marc Antony and Cleo lifts this year. But some other things are alarming to me. Looks like they want to hit us up for 10 bucks each time we park (even pass holders at least I didn't see anything otherwise like I had heard earlier). 40 bucks for premium parking. Nothing about the locker room. No drink service without the purchase of food. I guess no live entertainment either. 10 bucks a day is going to be a real killer for me if they don't make an exception for pass holders. No buzzing up there for 2 hour yo-yoing on weekday afternoons if that is the case. It's almost looking like a season to forget even before it starts. I hope I'm wrong.

Looks like I may have been thankfully wrong on that as on the facebook page it says pass holders will get free parking which is what I had heard before.

Last edited:

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just looked at the Camelback website, they don't seem to be selling season passes. Does this mean they have sold a quota that they determined was to be the maximum? Are they not sure about even opening? Anyone know what the story is?

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
BTW, they are stating it's a high speed quad, so it must be detachable (or not?? LOL)

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just looked at the Camelback website, they don't seem to be selling season passes. Does this mean they have sold a quota that they determined was to be the maximum? Are they not sure about even opening? Anyone know what the story is?

I just looked and they were. They have posted their rules too. The site is new and the logo has changed again (KSL's management no doubt) but they seems like they are getting up and running. Question I have is will they run Marc Antony and Cleopatra lifts this year with all the required distancing. They did not run last year. Camelback may be my only skiing this year.
IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

Just a throw back to my last day skiing, nice temps, nice sun and good soft bumps. 3/8/2020

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Must have been a temporary glitch in their website...or my computer, who knows? LOL. I see the passes now. I'm waiting to see what the situation will be with the lodges before I pull the trigger on a pass.

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
...(1 per each side of a quad, singles on doubles and triples) Wonder if that means they will run Marc Antony and Cleo lifts this year. ...It's almost looking like a season to forget even before it starts. .

We've been wondering the same about Marc Antony and Cleo, but based on their never running them like previous management on their busiest holiday weekends last season when Stevenson and Sullivan were backed up to lower Florida, I'm not optimistic. I assume that was a penny-pinching payroll decision, so I can't think those circumstances will be better THIS season. We've held off on season passes given they want full pop and we have no idea what to expect (limited access to restrooms??).