• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cannondale logo change

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love my Synapse. And I love that it has the old logo. The new one sucks:

View attachment 139913

I just saw this one as well.
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 8.04.50 AM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 8.07.40 AM.png

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
but wtf is a Caloi?
I had a Caloi. It was Klein like. Thin aluminum, not sure if Gradian but again like Klein square lower rear stays. I picked it up at a swap. I didn’t bring it west when I moved. I gave it to the moving company driver.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I know and like (some) products from Schwinn, Mongoose, GT, Sugoi and Guru, but wtf is a Caloi?

Also, that's old, because, well, Guru. Bits of Guru, ofc, were subsumed into Allied.
I believe Caloi was a cheap Taiwan generic manufacturer like Giant. I worked on a few back in the day. They were as good as all those alu frames from Taiwan. GT, Heavy Tools etc..

Last edited:

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Pics of my 2001 Cannondale H400, got it 2 years ago in minty condition. It is a cross-trainer, 3x7, used as around-town bike in my very flat So. Jersey town/trails. Typical C'dale, bulky but smooth ride with 700x32 tires. Considering converting front to 1x7 as wintertime project.
Cdalebike.jpg
Cdale head.jpg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
You're excused for my part - their OS tubed alu road frames were some of the buzziest frames I've ever been on. Granted we were all on 21-23 mm rubber at 110+ psi but yowch. Same wheelset on a steel Bianchi - oh sweet sweet relief.

I actually got to the point of dreading any bike where the rear dropouts were on an extension of the chainstay past the vertex of the rear triangle. . .
Yeah the cantilever dropout was supposed to be more forgiving. I'm not sure it was. Dropping to 90psi would do a lot more. And initially when their welded frames came out we had a fair number that were crooked as a dog's hind leg. I think this was a result of their heat-treating process. And you can't cold-set aluminum like a steel frame. So we sent a few back. Still, big step forward. I always wondered when the creaking Vitus alu bonded frame was going to explode beneath me...

Spam16v

Zac
Skier
We found a whole rack of these on clearance for like twelve bucks each in the mid 90’s and wore them everywhere racing. Think this is the only one that survived. My nickname was Jim “The Head” from MTV’s oddities (obscure animated tv show) so they got them for me since I was the ring leader for all the XC and DH racing growing up. Thanks for the flash back…

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not much worry here about logo changes. I guess you gotta shake things up once in awhile?

They make some good bikes these days. Back in "the day" they all broke. All. It was a time of frames breaking/cracking, but C'Dale led the charge, at least in my neck of the woods.

Theory: C'Dale would have sold twice as many bikes if they had let the Lefty go stage left a long time ago.

Beotch: Boy, it's hard to find good sleeveless jerseys these days, and they are so much cooler when the heat is on (apologies to Don Henley).

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know and like (some) products from Schwinn, Mongoose, GT, Sugoi and Guru, but wtf is a Caloi?

Also, that's old, because, well, Guru. Bits of Guru, ofc, were subsumed into Allied.
LOL, if there was anyone on SkiTalk that would know the off beat brands, its you.
C'mon many you're disappointing me!

Sponsor

Staff online