• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JChockey22

Putting on skis
Skier
So ski season ended for me about a month and a half ago skies 68 days this season (was sick for 3 weeks) plus what was supposed to be a an amazing season due to getting new gear head to toe turned nightmarish due to an airline mishap with my boots and friend wrecking my new planks and bindings ( both were replaced immediately) ..So I already cant wait for autumn when I can touch and see the new seasons gear and such and most importantly I already cant wait to ski again lol hibernate in the summer haha I know people reading this might be thinking I'm insane but I just wanted to get it off my chest lol

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
There is always Hood. Or Norway. Or Chile.

TS
JChockey22

JChockey22

Putting on skis
Skier
I wish I could keep skiing .. I pretty much take November to the end of march off to ski all winter so Im back playing catch up with work

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As much as I hate to admit it, I think a brief break from skiing makes the next season all the more sweet. Plus, it allows me to re-evaluate my inventory and plan for my next conquests/acquisitions.

TS
JChockey22

JChockey22

Putting on skis
Skier
As much as I hate to admit it, I think a brief break from skiing makes the next season all the more sweet. Plus, it allows me to re-evaluate my inventory and plan for my next conquests/acquisitions.
I cant believe I've never thought of it like that .. Really good way to look at it

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
That's why you NEVER check your boots when flying!

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well played, Sir/Madam! I've still got a weeks's skiing reserved starting next Monday, but immediately afterwards it'll be time to start planning/making reservations for next season!
Have a tentative plan for the rest of the season too, and have a plan to prep for Revelstoke before we go. So very excited!!!!

TS
JChockey22

JChockey22

Putting on skis
Skier
That's why you NEVER check your boots when flying!
I had them on the plane but the attendant told me I needed to check them ... I put up as much argument as I could by explaining the bag was not as big as it seemed and would squish down but she did the "SIR I ASSURE YOU THEY WILL BE FINE" ... well guess what Jessica THEY WERE'NT FINE !!! lol .. then a few weeks later as I mentioned I let my friend borrow my skis for a trip as I was not going to be skiing that week he brought them back and they were trashed he backed over them somehow but he also had with him the same pair in the plastic and new bindings in the box .. but I get to start this upcoming season on new skis again lol

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would go today. This season was 3 runs and done, ending in a triple bypass 3 months ago. Need a few more months but sooner would be better.
How's the recovery?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
How's the recovery?
Really really well. 3 1/2 months out of surgery and 2 months into cardio rehab. Feeling stronger all the time. I have been cleared to ride bike in the neighborhood and practice my short game in golf, no full swings yet.
The difficult part has come from inside my head. Do I want to go back to work? I have walked away from a couple of good offers and another one today. The process has kind of altered some prospectives on life.
Really looking forward to ski season, will be in the best preseason condition in a very long time.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I had them on the plane but the attendant told me I needed to check them ... I put up as much argument as I could by explaining the bag was not as big as it seemed and would squish down but she did the "SIR I ASSURE YOU THEY WILL BE FINE" ... well guess what Jessica THEY WERE'NT FINE !!! lol .. then a few weeks later as I mentioned I let my friend borrow my skis for a trip as I was not going to be skiing that week he brought them back and they were trashed he backed over them somehow but he also had with him the same pair in the plastic and new bindings in the box .. but I get to start this upcoming season on new skis again lol
Wow! Kudos to your friend for stepping up!

That's Pnecof the reasons I don't fly unless absolutely necessary! My feet are so wide there's no way I can rent boots so I think I'd put them on before handing them over...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
100%! It takes multiple trips to the boot fitter to get me dialed in… right @Tricia? I’d wear them on before letting an airline check them.
And you were relatively easy to fit. There are some who don't know what they don't know.

Sponsor

Staff online