• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Interesting comment about the Diverge BB, since apparently the next-gem Diverge goes lower and they say that you can switch to 650B wheels. Even with real fatties, I expect 650B will put you even lower than stock.

Next next gen will provide a higher BB height. Probably going to 73mm drop. The current gen is 85mm drop (I believe). All product development and production, for every outdoor brand, is pretty much derailed at the moment. Tough to say when that next gen will hit DCs.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Next next gen will provide a higher BB height. Probably going to 73mm drop. The current gen is 85mm drop (I believe). All product development and production, for every outdoor brand, is pretty much derailed at the moment. Tough to say when that next gen will hit DCs.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Still very happy with this bike, but starting to think about what could be on the horizon.

My main complaints are very small, but...

On some rides my hands fall asleep. This is nothing new for me, but I'm guessing to os related to position on the bike. Not balanced how I should be - I've heard that even cleat position can influence this.

Hoverbar - I generally like it, but the lower wing interferes with my ability to use the drops really well. On longer descents, my grip isn't strong enough and it's hard to reach the brakes.

I could certainly continue to be happy with this bike, but could consider swapping to a new Grail next year w Di2 GRX group. I'd like the revised brake lever geometry. I could also see trying something else that would closely match the Grail's geo, but in Ti or Steel. I've always wanted a JP Weigle bike...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
. I could also see trying something else that would closely match the Grail's geo, but in Ti or Steel. I've always wanted a JP Weigle bike...

Would you go back to center pulls? I'm sure he can build a disc fork based frame but he provably builds amazing rim brake frames and the flexy forks are a big part of that.

Last edited:

Sponsor