• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Car snow brush/ice scraper

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
no, its the coating that it creates. But, Im not seeing the complaints that used to be about the product. if anything it disrupts the wipers but won't harm anything. FWIW, I have ceramic coating on all the windows.

Last edited:

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It does seem like a very specific gripe though; the person who is fussy enough to treat their (untreated) glass, probably doesn't want automatic wipers going, so automatic wipers should be off anyway.
YMMV on your vehicle, but If done properly and at highway speeds, rain should just bead off and you don't need wipers going.

In cold weather, having automatic wipers on is a recipe to ruin your wipers very fast if they start going with frost and ice still on the glass.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
It does seem like a very specific gripe though; the person who is fussy enough to treat their (untreated) glass, probably doesn't want automatic wipers going, so automatic wipers should be off anyway.
YMMV on your vehicle, but If done properly and at highway speeds, rain should just bead off and you don't need wipers going.

In cold weather, having automatic wipers on is a recipe to ruin your wipers very fast if they start going with frost and ice still on the glass.
Apparently turning on the lights is too much bother, controlling the wipers is a hassle, and parallel parking can’t possibly be mastered. So the car does it.
Pretty soon I guess we’ll declare driving itself to be only for weirdos wanting to race.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently turning on the lights is too much bother, controlling the wipers is a hassle, and parallel parking can’t possibly be mastered. So the car does it.
Pretty soon I guess we’ll declare driving itself to be only for weirdos wanting to race.

It is as if you expected me to stay awake while driving. You do know a boy needs his beauty sleep.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Icebergs are a problem that self driving cars will need to address. No need to clear the view if you're not even driving. But, the heavy frozen blocks blowing off the roof will still be a hazard..

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Icebergs are a problem that self driving cars will need to address. No need to clear the view if you're not even driving. But, the heavy frozen blocks blowing off the roof will still be a hazard..
My parking sensors don't even work reliably in the winter, no way the truck is going to be driving itself.

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
For real hard ice not much beats a tool most of us should be more than familier with
Screenshot_20210106_230204_com.android.chrome.jpg

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t use a brush or a scraper because I use a windshield cover. The one I have covers the wipers, 1/2 of the roof and the front doors/windows so it is easy to get in the car before cleaning the snow off.

DC56896D-2151-49F2-8ED3-031C13922FD7.jpeg

2020 Upgrade Version Car Windshield Snow Cover, Snow Ice Frost UV Cover for Car Front and Side Windshield & Rearview Mirror, Waterproof Car Snow Cover, Extra Large Size Fits Most Cars and SUV

Sponsor

Staff online