• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The app sync'd this morning and only 2 runs were captured. I haven't studied the results yet but my Ski IQ ratings were 113 and 120. I have some work to do but it could have been worse for the first day out after 10 months.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
4.0.2 has come out.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The app sync'd this morning and only 2 runs were captured. I haven't studied the results yet but my Ski IQ ratings were 113 and 120. I have some work to do but it could have been worse for the first day out after 10 months.
Were you using the update app that came out last night?

TheWombat

Putting on skis
Skier
I feel better now. I've been trying to sync for almost an hour and nothing.

I used it for the first time today and have a few questions about how the app works. The issues I had may be related to the app update.

1. Using Free Ski mode I would start a session and the red circle would replace the blue + sign at the bottom of the screen. After a couple runs I opened up the app and the red circle was gone and it was back to being the blue + sign. Is this normal behavior? I thought you could start a Free Ski session at the beginning of the day and it would record all runs until you hit stop.
2. I tried using the monitor mode for Parallel Index and Fore:aft Ratio. The coach would give me my numbers for each turn but only for about a minute of the run and then the voice went silent. This happened for 3 different monitor sessions and all three the voice cut out at about the same time. Is this normal or should the voice continue the whole run?
3. Each time I opened the app (it was always running in the background) it said the trackers weren't connected for about 3-4 seconds and then they connected. Is that normal behavior?

@Alex @ Carv , perhaps you have some feedback too?

This happened to me on 4.0.1 - Carv worked for 30-60 seconds. It is fixed in 4.0.2. I spent yesterday using 4.0.2 without issue.

TheWombat

Putting on skis
Skier
Do you guys feel like you are losing the joy of skiing while you are spending so much time and energy messing with this misfiring technology?

Other than the 4.0.1 issue a couple of days ago, to which Carv sent me a link to the test version of the app which resolved the issue, my first week with Carv has been a positive experience. I am using the data/audio prompts and seeing improvement in my technique (I am an intermediate skier). So far I like it and find it adds to skiing rather than takes away. Sometimes I use SkiIQ free ski mode, other times I have it prompt my edge angle after each turn etc.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Got CARV for Christmas, and being an intermediate (I think), I really like it. The only issue I have is that my boots fit me so well, that the CARV takes up space in my boots that makes my feet hurt. Where the cable runs across the top of the insert I feel it. Feels like I'm on the edge of a step, and causes lots of pressure.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got CARV for Christmas, and being an intermediate (I think), I really like it. The only issue I have is that my boots fit me so well, that the CARV takes up space in my boots that makes my feet hurt. Where the cable runs across the top of the insert I feel it. Feels like I'm on the edge of a step, and causes lots of pressure.

I had a similar issue but with the insert itself. The first few runs it was painful but I was able to solve it by loosening my buckles a bit to take the pressure off. My cable doesn't run across the top of the insert it just comes out the edge at the side and up the inside of the shell. Are you saying that your cable is literally running across and your foot is stepping on the cable?

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
This ridge here, that’s what I feel.
image.jpg

In my Speedmachines, I can’t seem to loosen the buckles enough, and my Fischer’s I’ve attempted, but I’ll try again this afternoon to see how they fit.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This ridge here, that’s what I feel. View attachment 121687
In my Speedmachines, I can’t seem to loosen the buckles enough, and my Fischer’s I’ve attempted, but I’ll try again this afternoon to see how they fit.

Ahhhh, now I get it. I guess I'm lucky that I don't feel that.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah, that's what I feel. As a note, I have OE/stock foot beds. Don't yell at me about that please, they work for me, lol :ogbiggrin:!

Prince and the pea, I guess.

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
But you put the carve under your liner, correct? Not in the liner. It should be in the shell of the boot, not in the liner.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Wow, the princess and the pea lol! (Not making fun of you at all, I'm just surprised you can feel that.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Definitely princess and the pea, but I do have a snug fit, which I like, before adding the CARV units.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I don't know about you guys, but that looks like a significant bulge to me. Any little mustard-seed size piece of anything in my shoe makes a very big impression. How could anyone not feel that much larger bump?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm very surprised that you can feel that. Your liner soles must be very thin and your footbeds as well. Mine fit in so my boots were very tight, but after a day skiing , not noticeably tighter than before. I do have posted footbeds though, so maybe no little bump would transfer through

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I don't know about you guys, but that looks like a significant bulge to me. Any little mustard-seed size piece of anything in my shoe makes a very big impression. How could anyone not feel that much larger bump?

through your liner you’d feel that? My bump was much less btw

Sponsor

Staff online