• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cast binding question

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Howdy all.

Ive got some Cast free tour bindings on the way. I want to install them on some skis that I currently have this years Pivot 15 GW Bindings on. The bindings are currently mounted for my alpine soled boots which have a BSL of 303. I want to use the Cast system with some Hawk XTD's that have GW soles/tech fittings and a BSL of 302. I know how pivots work and how to adjust forward pressure.

Question:
I want to be able to use these skis with the look toe piece and my current alpine boots when skiing inbounds, then use the 50/50 boots with the cast and look toe pieces when not using lifts. Besides the 1mm of BSL difference(which Im not sure the bindings are going to care that much, I haven't tried them) is there any reason this shouldn't work? Im abit concerned that the GW AFD that Cast sends out isn't going to work with my alpine boots.

I'll have to call them this week, Im just trying to lock down a few other pieces of the puzzle.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have them and use with AT and alpine boots but both have GW so not running into this exact issue. They both are Atomic boots, and both same mondo size, but the boot sole length is different. Just need to adjust heel “length” when making the switch but still within the limited size adjustment available with pivots.

I believe they have an alpine specific AFD but would be a pain to need to swap them out each time. It’s not hard but a little time consuming with need to detach toe piece from AFD and reset DIN.

TS
chris_the_wrench

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
elieve they have an alpine specific AFD but would be a pain to need to swap them out each time. It’s not hard but a little time consuming with need to detach toe piece from AFD and reset DIN.

Thats what Im afraid of. Thanks for the input. I have an extra toe piece perhaps that could help...

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got my CAST today, with both alpine and GW AFD's so I can choose. I got 2 nd ski kits, but I would have for sure gotten more pedestals if I thought a bit more ahead.

what your boot reads, and what it actually is... is just random at times! so just try them.

I recently had 2 booots,3mm apart by numbers, that were 100% identical, and I have 2 other pairs that are 1mm apart, but are actually quite far apart.

Sponsor

Staff online