• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah! The old trying to cripple you so you have to stay home and serve them trick. I have 6 and manage to trip over one of them at least every couple of days. I don't usually step on them because I've learned to shuffle my feet.
Sounds like a pro tip ;)

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not a box. Deal with it.

PXL_20230424_183414491.jpg

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Just noticed this thread... I did a search & did not find "Adams" anywhere in this thread. Why would I do that?

Any Douglas Adams fans out there? He did a series featuring Dirk Gently, a holistic detective. He was in the middle of another novel when he passed - bits & pieces were published posthumously. His case involved finding a lost cat, a Schrödinger's cat. Maybe he only had to find the half - can't remember, it's been a loooong time. The cat was named Gusty Winds. The case took Dirk to the western US (Colorado, I think), where he a saw a highway sign: Gusty Winds May Exist.

I really wished he would have been able to finish that book.

Sorry, this is just what my brain did when it saw "cat in a box."

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
51 out of 57 cats can't be rsed. Sounds about right to me :)

Any less and I'd suspect them of being needy. Dependent even. :D
Our cats are actually quite needy. Our two youngest loudly demand that they be picked up and carried around. Act too slowly and expect claws in your leg. Our Ragdoll insists climbing under the bed sheets and settling in by our feet. My phone is being nuzzled as I type this.

crosscountry

Out on the slopes
Skier
They give zero f***s. I might be able to discourage them for a couple days at most.
But they do remember.

When my cats jump on the table, I don't punish them. I just brush them off the table unceremoniously. They still jump on the table occasionally, but not often. They know there's no reward in that pointless exercise. They don't get to stay on the table. So they jump onto other high places where they're allow to stay.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
But they do remember.

When my cats jump on the table, I don't punish them. I just brush them off the table unceremoniously. They still jump on the table occasionally, but not often. They know there's no reward in that pointless exercise. They don't get to stay on the table. So they jump onto other high places where they're allow to stay.
Yeah, I’ve lived with cats for my entire life. After more than 5 decades I’m pretty turned in to feline behavior. I know when to chose my battles and when to let it go and modify my own behavior. My current bunch requires the latter.

crosscountry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, I’ve lived with cats for my entire life. After more than 5 decades I’m pretty turned in to feline behavior. I know when to chose my battles and when to let it go and modify my own behavior. My current bunch requires the latter.
I thought the whole point of owning cats are because they're not as needy!

All the cats I've had only initiate contact with me if they want something. Otherwise, they merely "tolerate" me initiating contacts!

In that sense, it suits me fine. I more often "observe" as they play with each other. When they're bore, they'll let me pat them. And when they're tired, they let me pick them up. As long as I fed them, they're happy to be left alone, or curl up next to me.

While they're indeed "my master", I'm their slave. None of my "masters" are too demanding. ;)

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Trying to fold laundry..she got an attitude while I was trying to carefully get pieces of clothing out from under her. Goes to show, everyone loves warm clothes fresh out of the dryer

Attachments

• FD985145-AB7E-4D1A-BAD9-2D6DDD346998.jpeg
    FD985145-AB7E-4D1A-BAD9-2D6DDD346998.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 13

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Out youngins Tiki and Mouse are something special. I love Brando whos 13 but Tikster (6) and Mouse (5). Are just so loaded with personality.

Here is TiMo as I came home from errands today.

20230515_173531.jpg

Here is Mouse snuggling on the couch.

20230515_201241.jpg

I tried to post the video of him playing fetch but it was too big to load. Trying to post a link.

Sponsor

Staff online