• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
f5wau_360x360.jpg

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm always incredulous when a vet or their assistant recommends a pill for one of our cats.

I have to tell her, sometimes repeatedly, that cats don't take pills. I mean really.

All cat medicines should be in injectable form.
Right. Because I want to inject my cat just as much as I want to give her a pill.

I vote for fairy dust form, and then we could just fling it on them. That would be best.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Right. Because I want to inject my cat just as much as I want to give her a pill.

I vote for fairy dust form, and then we could just fling it on them. That would be best.
We have it made into a flavored liquid and squirt it into their moths. Our vet recommends the combo of marshmallow and fish to cover up the taste of particularly nasty tasting meds.

Powder High

Getting off the lift
Skier
Needles today are very, very thin. Our cats don't even seem to feel them. Not even little Pookabee, and he's super skittish ( I call him Spookabee, or Spooky).

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
All cat medicines should be in injectable form.
I want to inject my cat just as much as I want to give her a pill.
I'm guessing if it's injection, it's done in the vet's office. Which means it's just once in a long while.

Pills can be given by owners at home. I did that to our cat a few times. First ground the pill into dust, then mix it with stuff the cat want to eat or drink.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
It's a better box.

Dude had a rough day yesterday. He had a small lump removed from his leg and sent out for cytology. The vet said it looked like a Lipoma(?) and not sarcoma so we're hoping for the best and this is the end of it. He absolutely hated the cone but seems very happy to have a comfy pillow around his neck(he's kneading in that picture). I'm sure the gabapentin helps a bit.
IMG_3290.jpeg

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
20230606_123424.jpg