• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Catchall Food Thread

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Overnight priority shipping is 130 on 12 dozen Glidden per the website. I said I don’t care about the cost, and that’s mostly true, but 4 bucks per oyster all in is pushing it. I’ll give them a call in the morning and hopefully we can work something out.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Having shipped out lobsters, the shipping for stuff like that is reliable but expensive as hell. So if I'm gonna do it it's the aquarium at Smiths. Rocky Mountain lobster works but Rocky Mountain Oysters taste just terrible raw.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Overnight priority shipping is 130 on 12 dozen Glidden per the website. I said I don’t care about the cost, and that’s mostly true, but 4 bucks per oyster all in is pushing it. I’ll give them a call in the morning and hopefully we can work something out.

You need to pick a perishable delicacy that's a little more ... well, delicate. Shipping a bushel of oysters is like shipping a bushel of rocks. Plus ice! LOL. Maybe you could start liking saffron or something.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Decided to risk it instead of paying for shipping. Turns out the Whole Foods around the corner from me got blue points overnight. I picked up 100 for 100 bucks - was 50 bucks off due to volume. Very lucky roll of the dice -

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope you eat well and don’t get in family fights -

4E7E7720-63D8-42C1-A4D8-59B676CF69EB.jpeg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Decided to risk it instead of paying for shipping. Turns out the Whole Foods around the corner from me got blue points overnight. I picked up 100 for 100 bucks - was 50 bucks off due to volume. Very lucky roll of the dice -

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope you eat well and don’t get in family fights -

View attachment 58672

Nice!!!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Just a lazy Friday night eating tacos and drinking Corona Light. Hard to get motivated after a 60 degree day here in NJ.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski season has slid into homebase for me this season ( cough...cough...76 days. Okay, Okay a shameless boast, but my first time north of 50 days, so com-on …) I now, apparently, have time to re-roof my own house, and get back into the kitchen. BTW, roofers earn every penny.

Tonight's craving:

Braised Chicken and Artichoke, with rosemary, olives, and sundried tomatoes.

upload_2019-4-27_19-6-23.png

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski season has slid into homebase for me this season ( cough...cough...76 days. Okay, Okay a shameless boast, but my first time north of 50 days, so com-on …) I now, apparently, have time to re-roof my own house, and get back into the kitchen. BTW, roofers earn every penny.

Tonight's craving:

View attachment 72284

This friend speaks to my condition.

Uncle-A

Skier

Tonight's craving:

View attachment 72284
This looks good and from the list of ingredients it sounds good. I might substitute fresh tomatoes for the sun dried tomatoes but that is not a big deal.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the appetizer for today's menu.
View attachment 75827

Man, those little necks looked good.
I come from a big family. We tended to eat fast or there is nothing left to eat. Taking photos of the food prior to digging in is so alien to me. I am much more comfortable with taking a photo of the aftermath. Usually nothing much left to fight over.

Partial aftermath of tonight's dinner.

Lobster Shells.jpg

Uncle-A

Skier
Taking pictures of the food is a relatively new thing for me, taught to me by my daughter. It is what the young people do today.

Uncle-A

Skier
National Hot Dog Day is today so I thought it would be interesting to learn how the PUGSKI community likes their hot dogs. So if you care to share your preference for how you like your hot dog please do so.
These are my top three:
1. Grilled with brown spicy mustard and relish.
2. Italian style with fried red peppers, onions, and potatoes on a half of pizza bread.
3. Grilled with chilly and cheese but no onions. Something I add beacon to my chilly dog.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
National Hot Dog Day is today so I thought it would be interesting to learn how the PUGSKI community likes their hot dogs. So if you care to share your preference for how you like your hot dog please do so.
These are my top three:
1. Grilled with brown spicy mustard and relish.
2. Italian style with fried red peppers, onions, and potatoes on a half of pizza bread.
3. Grilled with chilly and cheese but no onions. Something I add beacon to my chilly dog.

Option 1.

There's a local place that will put nacho cheese on top of a chilli dog

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Much depends on the hot dog.

Sabrett - boil and let sit in water for about 5 minute to make it less salty. Serve with red onion sauce.
Nathan - griddle or grill. Toast the inside of the hot dog bun on the griddle/grill. Whole grain mustard.
Most brands found in New England - kayem, McKenzie, Schonland's & Essem. Grill or boil. Served on a New England hot dog bun. Toasted on the outside with a little butter. Whole grain mustard.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
1. Sabrett or Hebrew National, boiled, sauerkraut, brown mustard
2. Costco dog, raw onions, brown mustard. Actually the mustard has to go on first to hold the onions
3. Hebrew National grilled with cole slaw.
4. Chicago Dog (much better than the other Chicago option)
5. Chili Cheese Dog

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1. Sabrett or Hebrew National, boiled, sauerkraut, brown mustard
2. Costco dog, raw onions, brown mustard. Actually the mustard has to go on first to hold the onions
3. Hebrew National grilled with cole slaw.
4. Chicago Dog (much better than the other Chicago option)
5. Chili Cheese Dog

How many points are those dogs? :D

I like Hannafords ( an east coast grocery store chain ) uncurred ( no nitrites ) dogs. Boiled and then served on a steamed bun, and with my own home made Texas hot onion meat sauce and brown spicy mustard.

Sponsor

Staff online