• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Catchall Food Thread

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I love the scrumptious regional delicacies. Wild blueberries are in season here. Tablespoon for scale. About a quarter the size and four times the flavor of cultivated berries.

View attachment 107498
One of the guys I worked with grew up in Maine and he would brag about the Blueberries from his home state. After a long weekend home to Maine his wife would make Blueberry muffins and he would bring them to work, always a treat.

Uncle-A

Skier
It is that time of the year. Yum.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_155452.jpg
    IMG_20200909_155452.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1

Uncle-A

Skier
Been enjoying fits here to. Mine have been from the local farmers market or Trader's Joe. Added bonus, I'm the only one in the household that likes them ;-)
Found them at Costco today. I am eating a few for dessert as I type.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Today I spent the afternoon in Hoboken, NJ at the annual Mutzfest celebrating the best of all cheeses. Just a few pictures to get your mouth watering.

I like how you roll.......and these pic, along with the home made pignoli cookies, make my mouth water but they make me homesick. I lived in Hoboken for 16 years and love food there. I make my own mozz and ricotta in Minneapolis but it's not the same. There no good bread, no Italians, no good pizza, and no good Italian. I miss those delis in Hoboken and the Italian food that NJ offers. Headed to my inlaws for Christmas, they live in central NJ near Robbinsville, and will be hitting the food hard!!!

James

Out There
Instructor
There no good bread, no Italians, no good pizza, and no good Italian.
“mutz” = spoken by Americans who never learned any Italian. Even counting to ten. The best is how they argue about how they’re right.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
“mutz” = spoken by Americans who never learned any Italian. Even counting to ten. The best is how they argue about how they’re right.

Dude.....I'm choosing my words carefully, but that statement is pretty wrong on a lot of levels.

Uncle-A

Skier
Is anyone here having 7 fish's tonight for Christmas Eve?

Uncle-A

Skier
My wife was feeling ambitious today and decided to make homemade macaroni.
PXL_20210205_225453803.jpg
PXL_20210205_230009218.jpg
It was so good I went back for seconds.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So did anyone know that adding baking soda to the water while cooking hard boiled eggs makes the shells peel easier?? Who knew??!!:huh:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've wanted to make gnudi for many years now, but I had never made the time. Today was the day.
Fresh home spun gnudi with freshly made marinara. Yummy.
1614990484043.png

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Wow...that looks good!!

We have a Covid-19 Social distanced Saturday night supper club...this Saturday night was my turn. Crock pot BBQ baby back pork ribs, baked potatoes, home made casear salad and apple pie. Sorry no pictures as they ate it all!

Sponsor

Staff online