• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Catchall Food Thread

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
I am sold on this for the easiest brunch ever - put all in a cast iron skillet and baked. My DH doesn’t care for kale, but I love it and he wasn’t there!

I used less butter and added salt and pepper; no fresh herbs so used dried.

Attachments

• 2CC5C167-57B8-42C5-B443-F475C133EAF5.jpeg
    2CC5C167-57B8-42C5-B443-F475C133EAF5.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 4

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am sold on this for the easiest brunch ever - put all in a cast iron skillet and baked. My DH doesn’t care for kale, but I love it and he wasn’t there!

I used less butter and added salt and pepper; no fresh herbs so used dried.

Nice. I was out in my garden today after the snow melted here and some of my kale was still growing from last year's crop. We had a lot of snow on the ground this past winter and it insulated it. I also have arugula, flattened but still green, it should revive itself. I'll have to give that recipe a go.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Lately I've been hanging out with a black diamond cook (my wife) and a black diamond skier (my son). Dinner yesterday along the Wasatch Front: home made Quiche Lorraine, fried potatoes, asparagus and home made apple pie. It's been in the high 70s degs in the Salt Lake Valley the last few days and good for impromptu outdoor dining, but turning colder tomorrow and possibly snow Monday night. Spring skiing has been pretty spectacular, except that it's about 3 weeks early. ;)
dinner.jpg

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
locally sourced scrapple.

You know your from southern PA or to a lesser extent south Jersey when scrapple is on the plate. Nice fry job on that. Scrapple is yet another misunderstood regional food by those who have never tried it.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You know your from southern PA or to a lesser extent south Jersey when scrapple is on the plate. Nice fry job on that. Scrapple is yet another misunderstood regional food by those who have never really tried it.
The eggs look overdone but actually they are soft/med but brownish because I cooked them in the oil from where I cooked the scrapple.

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Don't you mean Pork Roll? Taylor Ham is a brand name of Pork Roll.
Depends on where in Jersey - in some areas people call it Taylor ham even if it's a different brand of pork roll. In north Jersey the breakfast sandwich is usually called a Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a hard (kaiser) roll.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Some side dish's for this weeks Mammoth BBQ's
187_0104.jpg
Chili Verde con Papa's

187_0107.jpg
Calabacitas

187_0105.jpg

Russet/Yukon gold garlic Mash

Stump lot daily....stop on by :beercheer:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Depends on where in Jersey - in some areas people call it Taylor ham even if it's a different brand of pork roll. In north Jersey the breakfast sandwich is usually called a Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a hard (kaiser) roll.
That is true for the North Jersey crowd, probably because Taylor Ham was the first company to ship their pork roll north when other brands were happy to supply the South Jersey area. If you think about NJ being divided into three sections you have the North that is everything north of highway 78. The Central part is in-between highway 78 and highway 195 and South Jersey is south of highway 195. Other people may divide the state with different methods for example the people who use Taylor Ham as the generic pork roll in the north and people that use pork roll and not a brand name in the south. It is a fun conversation no matter how you name it. It is interesting when a brand name becomes the generic name like Kleenex for tissue or Jello for a gelatin dessert.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I pulled together this Greek-influenced salad last night to have with swordfish and some very plain bruschetta. Really happy with how it turned out.

It's chopped pea shoots (raw) and grilled small eggplant (still slightly warm), tossed with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and best olive oil. Yummy. The eggplant has a sweetness that pops with the lemon. The oil gives it a bit of richness. The purple-and-white eggplant skin looks great with the bright green of the shoots. The soft texture of the one contrasts nicely with the green crunch. And the smoke from the grilling gives it ... "a certain je ne sais quoi that I don't know what it is."

20210604_200631-02.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online