• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Cheap Good Road Frames

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you are willing to look at steel, check the Surly and All-City frames. The Surly Cross Check (cross frame with cantilever brakes) lists for about $500.
Here's a sample of the All-City Mr. Pink : https://road.cc/content/review/220869-all-city-cycles-mr-pink

all-city-mr-pink.jpg

The frame and fork are listed for $650 at bikeparts.com on a 49. That's are very well made and well reviewed steel frame that will probably outlive you.

Last edited:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@scott43 - Have you looked on Kijiji Toronto lately? There are some sweet looking bikes on there , and a lot of them have been in the 46 - 50 sizing. Worth a look

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a nice 53cm CAAD something or other. Just hadn't gotten around to listing.

@scott43 , I think the effective top tube is around 525 or 530. Pics later if you're interested.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
@scott43 - Have you looked on Kijiji Toronto lately? There are some sweet looking bikes on there , and a lot of them have been in the 46 - 50 sizing. Worth a look
You know, I've looked and I usually see a bunch of over-priced crap. Some guy wanted $30 for a Miele saddle from 25 years ago that's torn. I just don't get it. I suppose I can just go low-ball people but that's not much fun. I'll keep looking on there..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

C'mon bud. Step up and go for a name brand :D

Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not bad...still too pricey...

Wonky

Booting up
Skier
I have an aluminum cross/touring-ish frame from a local shop's house brand that I've been too lazy to put up for sale. I bought it as a cross/commuter. It's a bit "heavy duty" and is probably more around a 52 cm. It's a bit of an odd duck (how's that for a sales pitch...). It has both disc and canti mounts (I ran it disc so it didn't come with the canti posts), but is 130mm rear drop out spacing. 1-1/8" straight headset.

I can take/dig up a photo if want.

I'm in Ottawa so no border mess....

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I actually had a good price on a Fuji CF frame very similar but new..but shipping made it expensive..and I had to drop-ship to Niagara Falls and go pick it up over the border..
Unless you got a commercial permit, careful crossing wise. Personal shipments don’t let you.

Sponsor

Staff online