• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ciao a tutti from Italy

Petrus

Putting on skis
Skier
Hello everybody, I'm Pietro from Italy.
I'm almost 50 and I consider myself a pretty good skier (who doesn't :) )
I have been skiing since I was a kid as I was born in the Alps (North East of Milan)

Lately I have restarted skiing seriously, after a few years working abroad without too many occasions for winter vacations.

I'm not visiting SkiTalk very often, but I find it a very good source of technical information.

glencoe

Booting up
Skier
Welcome Pietro. Where are you based in Italy? I stay in Aosta during the ski season.

TS
Petrus

Petrus

Putting on skis
Skier
Welcome Pietro. Where are you based in Italy? I stay in Aosta during the ski season.

The Western part of Italy is not really my usual playground, I have only been in Courmayeur once but I would definitely want to visit Cervinia next season.

I usually ski in very small resorts near my hometown: Colere, Monte Pora, Borno, Aprica, Tonale.
Sometimes we push a bit more far away but to the East: Livigno, Madonna di Campiglio, Pampeago Obereggen, Cermis

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@Petrus Welcome to this group of reprobates. We mostly can read but we love pictures too. The Euro contingent on here is not large but it is diverse.
What represents a 'small' resort in Italy? Mostly natural or manmade snow?

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Welcome!
@Nobody is in Italy
Thanks @James for waking me up....I have been a bit sleepy (on and off the forum) lately...
The Western part of Italy is not really my usual playground, I have only been in Courmayeur once but I would definitely want to visit Cervinia next season.

I usually ski in very small resorts near my hometown: Colere, Monte Pora, Borno, Aprica, Tonale.
Sometimes we push a bit more far away but to the East: Livigno, Madonna di Campiglio, Pampeago Obereggen, Cermis
Welcome @Petrus.
Tonale is my "home away from home", as a family we spend the winter season skiing there, Christmas/Easter and 97% of the weekends. I also do, not so often err I'd say rarely, quick dashes, usually solo, to the East (Dolomites), NW-W (Cervinia/Zermatt, France) , North-NE (Austria) East and "Far East" (Friuli, Slovenia)...
SkiTalk is a welcoming place, full of knowledge and wit. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
TS
Petrus

Petrus

Putting on skis
Skier
@Petrus Welcome to this group of reprobates. We mostly can read but we love pictures too. The Euro contingent on here is not large but it is diverse.
What represents a 'small' resort in Italy? Mostly natural or manmade snow?

This below is my home resort, Colere.

Snow is mostly natural due to lack of water in the area and mostly due to lack of €€€ :D

The lifts are a bit slow and outdated and we only have 3 runs since the bottom part doesn't really get much snow in recent years.
The runs go from 1000m to 2200m, even though we ski between 1400m-2200m for most of the season.

HOWEVER... The slopes are facing North and don't really get much sun in the middle of the winter, temperatures are usually low and without much variation during the day, this makes for great snow conditions for most of the winter (the kind of compact, dry, chalcky snow that crunches under foot).
Couple that with a 27€ day pass (on weekdays) and perfectly groomed tracks and it doesn't get much better than that.

The resort is quite famous in the area for off-piste/free skiing. On powder days the place becomes the wild west (there are no friends on powder days, right?)

As for me, I mostly stick to groomers and go for the occasional off-piste only when I'm skitouring.

1650561780212.png

1650563499402.png
1650563735922.png

Last edited:

Nobody

Skier
1650563499402-png.167068
The Presolana massif... said to be one of the few dolomitic mountains outside of the Dolomites. It's a nice view, at dawn and dusk...really reminds of the Alpenglow ("Enrosadira") at dusk in the Dolomites.

TS
Petrus

Petrus

Putting on skis
Skier
I wish, but it's almost impossible to get hold of them.
Partly because of me, as I'm often abroad for work.
Mostly because they are superbusy and in the winter they are based in other places.
In the winter Giordano is based in St. Moritz and Stefano is running the ski school in Chiesa Val Malenco.

Both of them are "Istruttore Nazionale" that is the highest level in the Italian Ski School ranking, they are often teaching the new cohorts of ski instructors or the refresher courses for the current ski instructors.

Maybe one day, sooner or later.. :)

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wish, but it's almost impossible to get hold of them.
Partly because of me, as I'm often abroad for work.
Mostly because they are superbusy and in the winter they are based in other places.
In the winter Giordano is based in St. Moritz and Stefano is running the ski school in Chiesa Val Malenco.

Both of them are "Istruttore Nazionale" that is the highest level in the Italian Ski School ranking, they are often teaching the new cohorts of ski instructors or the refresher courses for the current ski instructors.

Maybe one day, sooner or later.. :)
Yeah, been looking for Belingheri's camps etc. but his website doesn't seem to say when anything is.

TS
Petrus

Petrus

Putting on skis
Skier
Stefano is coaching a group of Masters in different locations but maybe now it's still a bit too early to see the winter program.
If you go for a camp make sure he will actually be there. He is managing a group of ski instructors so you might find somebody else when you show up at the camp.

If you pick a random day in the middle of the week you should be able to book a full day with him, including video recording, analysis etc... Give them a call or send an email https://www.enjoyskischool.com/home

Where are you based?

Nobody

Skier
Stefano is also an Inline Alpine , or better, he is fully behind the Inline Alpine movement starting up in Italy (not that I take part).
Some acqaintance of mine has take quite a few camps with him, he coaches for the "EnjoySki Team" as well. It's Lombardy based, even if I think that they might have had a go or two at "camps" in Cervinia/Zertmatt (not sure, most probably I'm wrong)

Sponsor