• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Clara Honsinger Repeats at CX Nationals

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I've ridden with this woman a few times, just as she was knocking on the door of "The Bigs".

She is not slow, and is now regularly contending for podium spots -- even wins -- at the World Cup level.

Go, Clara!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I see that Magnus White took the men's junior title and Keira Bond took second for the women's junior, both from Boulder Junior Cycling and the rest of the team did pretty well too. One of their coaches is my neighbor and is a fantastic guy (as is his wife.) I'm excited for the local team!

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nope. Don't really follow racing much. Just got a text from a friend when Clara won. I can't believe I didn't opt for a pic with her after the Dirty Sellwood several years back. :(

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Nope. Don't really follow racing much.

That's kind of exactly where first-person videos rock - you get a really awesome survey of the course and you get an intimate picture of line and effort. It's the wrong format for watching racing as such. By the end of the first lap, the pack is completely blown apart, you get maybe one - two other racers in the field of view.

OTOH, if you can put yourself in the frame, you feel every mud clod flying back atcha, every mud slip, every diesel-grinding push of the caked wheel. Think of it as a Belgian horror movie.

Sponsor