• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
Did you know that the Eagles were a backup band for awhile and on one of Linda Ronstadt's albums?

respectfully, I don't believe the Eagles were actually a backup band , But Henley and Frey met in Linda Ronstadt's band. Then began the Eagles with Meissner and ,,, ( Bernie Leadon ) -

Walsh came later, as did Timothy Schmidt -- ( there are others )

huge in the late 1970s...

thanks for the memories... skiJ

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
respectfully, I don't believe the Eagles were actually a backup band , But Henley and Frey met in Linda Ronstadt's band. Then began the Eagles with Meissner and ,,, ( Bernie Leadon ) -

Walsh came later, as did Timothy Schmidt -- ( there are others )

huge in the late 1970s...

thanks for the memories... skiJ
The Stone Poneys was the first band Linda Ronstadt was with, but if you look at the credits on the third album from 1971 entitled Linda Ronstadt there four names that will look like the beginning of the Eagles.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

This one just keeps getting better as the night goes on. Warren Hayens and Derek Trucks absolutely kill it, and then Clapton comes in and the three of them...

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

This one just keeps getting better as the night goes on. Warren Hayens and Derek Trucks absolutely kill it, and then Clapton comes in and the three of them...
I was just watching/listening to this the other night!
Every time I hear Derek Trucks I think he is the reincarnation of Duane Allman.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Tedeschi Trucks Band is playing Sunday night in Dillon at the Amphitheater. Thanks to @UGASkiDawg's friend's bad luck, I'm going. Here's hoping the monsoon takes the night off.
I’ve seen them twice, modern day musical heroes ogsmile :ogcool: ogsmile

From 2012...

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Best guitar dual ever - Walsh and Felder on Hotel California!
That's on this fall's calendar. The Eagles (finally) resume their 'Hotel California' tour. Nose bleed seats, but it's the first real chance I've had to see Walsh in, ever? I grew up on the Eagles and especially James Gang. A local band covered them at, yes, the community center dances when I was in high school. My friend did the light show with oil, water and an overhead projector. He called himself 'Liquid Acrobat'.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
I also saw JT at the Cleveland Arena when I was in High School in Ohio in the early '70's. All I can remember was it was an amazing show!
At the old Cleveland Arena (long ago demolished and replaced by the Coliseum, also since demolished) or Cleveland Public Hall? I saw JT at Public Hall in 1971 and again in 1972 while in High School. Did you ever attend any of the World Series of Rock concerts at Cleveland Stadium (also demolished)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_of_Rock I attended one: it featured Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Journey, Thin Lizzy, ACDC, and the Scorpions. Was a lot of great music played that day but the event also featured a great deal of violence that Cleveland concerts were famous for. I was working as a sailor (merchant seaman) at the time and living in New Hampshire when not at sea. The beginning of my vacation leave coincided with my ship's arrival in Cleveland and I signed off and headed for my parent's home in Geauga County for a visit. I learned of the concert shortly thereafter (featuring several of my favorite bands at the time) and procured a ticket. A massive crowd was in attendance (> 80,000 I believe). BTW, during my sophomore year at Chardon High School, the band Chicago held a concert in the gymnasium. Several years after I graduated, The Police did the same.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At the old Cleveland Arena (long ago demolished and replaced by the Coliseum, also since demolished) or Cleveland Public Hall? I saw JT at Public Hall in 1971 and again in 1972 while in High School. Did you ever attend any of the World Series of Rock concerts at Cleveland Stadium (also demolished)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_of_Rock I attended one: it featured Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Journey, Thin Lizzy, ACDC, and the Scorpions. Was a lot of great music played that day but the event also featured a great deal of violence that Cleveland concerts were famous for. I was working as a sailor (merchant seaman) at the time and living in New Hampshire when not at sea. The beginning of my vacation leave coincided with my ship's arrival in Cleveland and I signed off and headed for my parent's home in Geauga County for a visit. I learned of the concert shortly thereafter (featuring several of my favorite bands at the time) and procured a ticket. A massive crowd was in attendance (> 80,000 I believe). BTW, during my sophomore year at Chardon High School, the band Chicago held a concert in the gymnasium. Several years after I graduated, The Police did the same.
I did see Journey at some old theater in Youngstown before anyone had heard of them. I grew up in Warren. Used to go to Geauga Lake Park as a kid. This is my favorite memory of celebrating my birthday at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Yes, I attended the 10 cent beer night riot and one game where we burnt up a bunch of disco records!

Fans riot on 10-cent beer night: On this day in Cleveland Indians history - cleveland.com

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tedeschi Trucks Band is playing Sunday night in Dillon at the Amphitheater. Thanks to @UGASkiDawg's friend's bad luck, I'm going. Here's hoping the monsoon takes the night off.
Tedeschi Trucks Band with Trey Anastasio released an album of a live concert covering the classic Layla Album called Layla Revisited. Awesome!

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did see Journey at some old theater in Youngstown before anyone had heard of them. I grew up in Warren. Used to go to Geauga Lake Park as a kid. This is my favorite memory of celebrating my birthday at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Yes, I attended the 10 cent beer night riot and one game where we burnt up a bunch of disco records!

Fans riot on 10-cent beer night: On this day in Cleveland Indians history - cleveland.com
I enjoyed viewing the link you provided! I remember both the 10 cent beer night and disco sucks (?) promotions at Indian's games. The fact that you were in attendance for the 10 cent beer night game is pretty wild. Saw several hilarious and entertaining videos of what occurred on the field during the game/between innings but the one that stands out for me was of a nicely dressed, middle-aged African American woman chasing an umpire across the infield while swinging her large purse like a lasso attempting to strike him with it.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's on this fall's calendar. The Eagles (finally) resume their 'Hotel California' tour. Nose bleed seats, but it's the first real chance I've had to see Walsh in, ever? I grew up on the Eagles and especially James Gang. A local band covered them at, yes, the community center dances when I was in high school. My friend did the light show with oil, water and an overhead projector. He called himself 'Liquid Acrobat'.
Glad to see a Joe Walsh fan. I went to high school with his (half) brothers. He graduated a few years before I got to high school, but I saw photos of him playing gigs in our high school gym.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Just finished listening to Brothers. The last ABB show in 2020, even though only one remaining member remains, Trucks and Haines kill it. Excellent disc if your a fan of ABB, Derick Trucks and Warren Haynes.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just finished listening to Brothers. The last ABB show in 2020, even though only one remaining member remains, Trucks and Haines kill it. Excellent disc if your a fan of ABB, Derick Trucks and Warren Haynes.
I found this concert on Spotify. Excellent! Thanks for the heads up.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This link is Linda Ronstadt with the Eagles, I hope it works, the first few seconds are interesting.

Sponsor

Staff online