• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
They are awesome. Also really like Oteil Burbridge on bass who is pictured with Warren in your post. He is excellent touring with Dead and Co.
I was wondering about the bass player, he definitely caught my ear.

I am a huge Derek Trucks fan so I listened to both versions last night & even with modern technology I still give the win to Duane & Dicky ogsmile!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
"Whipping Post" featuring The Allman Brothers Band, from the forthcoming "All My Friends - Celebrating The Songs And Voice of Gregg Allman" Blu-Ray/DVD/CD available from Rounder Records.

Which isn't to say it wasn't at Crossroads, but this is the official release it is from.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
@4ster - that footage looks like it’s from crossroads festival. Highly recommend it on Blu-ray played nice and loud, fairly certain you would like most if not all the performers
My favorite Crossroads festival was 2007 where in my humble opinion Jeff Beck stole the show…

Derek Trucks is all over that show as well.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier

...because I was at the JRAD concert in Vail last night and they rocked this song. I'm not a Dead fan on the level of most JRAD fans, so I miss a lot of the teases into their songs.
My knowledge (or lack thereof) of the Dead catalog didn't matter on this one. They started playing phrases from Pigs early in the 2nd set. I was in an appropriate "creative" mental state to pick up on it and went nuts when they added the base line and guitar riff to the keyboard phrasing they'd been teasing through out the set.
Love those jam bands.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I heard "Dream Police" on the radio this morning.
Then reminded me of "Surrender" and of course "I Want You to Want Me"

Sponsor

Staff online