• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Last week, the only music I listened to that day was while skiing down on a single run. Years ago I could not successfully mix loud rock music and bump skiing at the same time. After skiing a couple hours sans music, my whole body was locked in to the visual bump flow. Now in my olde senior retired age, I'll smoke it looking mostly smooth either way. I ran non-stop a skier's left fall line on Little Dipper bumps, about 350 feet of vertical, from the Tower 13 (t13.0) road cut at 9470 feet down to t10.2 at 9130 feet while cranking via my custom helmet speakers, Guns N Roses Knockin' On Heaven's Door. First track followed by AC/DC, Shot Down In Flames, Rolling Stones, One Hit To The Body ...of about 2 dozen on my main playlist I've specialized on the last couple years.

Last edited:

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
I figured someone here would know the answer...

What are these mics that that Jerry and gang are using in this video?

View attachment 126038 View attachment 126039

The video is nice, too.

@Doug Briggs during the "Wall of Sound" days their massive PA was set up behind the band and was used for monitoring as well as the main sound system, as they wanted to hear exactly what the crowd was hearing. The only catch to that setup was that a traditional, single mic setup would cause feedback from the sound system. By using a two mic setup, with the second mic being out of phase with the first, canceled out this feedback.
kirkwest_1974photo-1024x703.jpeg

Mr. 5A

Booting up
Skier
A man once said to a lump of clay, what art thou?
The reply was, I am but a lump of clay, but I was placed beside a rose and caught its fragrance.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I didn't realize that Carl Anderson wasn't still with us. R.I.P. I prefer the older versions like this and Ian Gillan as JC on Broadway. Wife and kids prefer the recent one which is OK too. John Legend and Sara Bareilles bring it pretty good too.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid