• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Going to see King Crimson in Boston on Sept 10. And David Byrne's American Utopia in NYC in October.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

I'm going to see the Eagles in Denver this fall. They originally billed this tour (in 2020) as the Hotel California tour and were going to do the entire album. I really just want to see Joe once in my life. I hope he gets to do a cover or two of his own solo songs. I do like the Eagles so it should be fun regardless.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
as far as I’m concerned, Joe Walsh is the best thing about the Eagles and the James Gang is the best thing about Joe Walsh!
Didn't Joe Walsh join the Eagles later on? I don't think he was one of the original members.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
4ster
Didn't Joe Walsh join the Eagles later on? I don't think he was one of the original members.
Quite possibly. I want a mega fan that followed every change in lineup. He is prominently included in the photos advertising the show.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Yes, Joe joined later.
I saw the Eagles as an opening act to Jethro Tull in 1972. The Eagles were unknown to me & I couldn’t wait for them to get off the stage. I’m sure I would’ve been more interested had Joe Walsh been with them.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Yes, Joe joined later.
I saw the Eagles as an opening act to Jethro Tull in 1972. The Eagles were unknown to me & I couldn’t wait for them to get off the stage. I’m sure I would’ve been more interested had Joe Walsh been with them.
Did you know that the Eagles were a backup band for awhile and on one of Linda Ronstadt's albums?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
You made me look. I was at this show. My first concert ever. I was 14 and innocent. I didn't understand what the people on the floor were passing around as they sat in a circle. I didn't really know what Jethro Tull was. Those were the days of listening to WRKO on AM. It was my link to real world music. That along with the ubiquitous TV were my eyes to what lay beyond isolated North Conway. I was overwhelmed by the Thick as a Brick performance which was the usual JT show being extravagantly staged with actors in costume following the story line. I'm not dreaming this recollection am I?

It would appear I've actually seen the Eagles, too! (They opened for JT on the '72 tour).

I'll concede my innocence ended about then. I smuggled a few bricks (no pun intended) of firecrackers back to NH. I didn't have that intention but soon realized the forbidden fruit was easy pickings in Canada.

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
You made me look. I was at this show. My first concert ever. I was 14 and innocent. I didn't understand what the people on the floor were passing around as they sat in a circle. I didn't really know what Jethro Tull was. Those were the days of listening to WRKO on AM. It was my link to real world music. That along with the ubiquitous TV were my eyes to what lay beyond isolated North Conway. I was overwhelmed by the Thick as a Brick performance which was the usual JT show being extravagantly staged with actors in costume following the story line. I'm not dreaming this recollection am I?

It would appear I've actually seen the Eagles, too! (They opened for JT on the '72 tour).

I'll concede my innocence ended about then. I smuggled a few bricks (no pun intended) of firecrackers back to NH. I didn't have that intention but soon realized the forbidden fruit was easy pickings in Canada.
No you are not dreaming!
I think we are the same age. I happened to move myself into the 2nd row and still relive much of the show in my mind 50 years later. It still rates as one of the top 5 live performances of all time for me.

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
No you are not dreaming!
I think we are the same age. I happened to move myself into the 2nd row and still relive much of the show in my mind 60 years later. It still rates as one of the top 5 live performances of all times for me.
As we are the same age, I'll forgive your math error. It was almost 50 years ago. :eek:

Found this gem after more searching. Not pro quality, but life was a bit fuzzy back then, right?

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
No you are not dreaming!
I think we are the same age. I happened to move myself into the 2nd row and still relive much of the show in my mind 50 years later. It still rates as one of the top 5 live performances of all time for me.
That makes three of us who attended the 1972 Jethro Tull concert tour and, I agree, the show was outstanding. If there was an opening act, I don't remember who it was but I don't believe it was the Eagles. The concert was particularly memorable for me because it was sandwiched in between two David Bowie concerts I attended: the first was almost exactly one month earlier and was his very first performance in North America. Was extremely lucky to score tickets as demand was massive due to heavy play of his first few albums on local FM radio during the prior year or so. He returned about a month after the Jethro Tull concert and sold out two back-to-back shows on consecutive nights in a much bigger venue (the same one where JT played). I attended the second of the two. First venue = ~3,500 people, second venue = ~10,000 people. Tickets were likely in the $4.50 to $5.50 range for each of the three concerts. Fun times and fun memories!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January