• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I enjoyed viewing the link you provided! I remember both the 10 cent beer night and disco sucks (?) promotions at Indian's games. The fact that you were in attendance for the 10 cent beer night game is pretty wild. Saw several hilarious and entertaining videos of what occurred on the field during the game/between innings but the one that stands out for me was of a nicely dressed, middle-aged African American woman chasing an umpire across the infield while swinging her large purse like a lasso attempting to strike him with it.

I like those 10 cent beer night memories. :D

I was at a Washington Nationals game about 5 years ago when they were giving out free 10 oz sample cups of Budweiser. It was sort of an under-the-radar, 15 minute promotion at only one spot on the concourse that I happened to pass by. They were kind of easy about it and I returned to the booth for a total of three free samples. I calculated that at modern ballpark prices 30 oz was about $25 worth of free beer:beercheer:

I saw Linda Ronstadt around 1974-75 in a small arena at the University of Maryland (Ritchie Coliseum). Me and a buddy sat on the floor 10 feet in front of the stage with no one between us and her. About ten minutes into the show my buddy turned to me and said, "I'm in love!" She wasn't that well known yet (hence playing in small arena), but You're No Good was one of the songs we heard her sing and it was climbing to number 1 on the radio at the time. She'd be very famous within a year.

I also saw Tedeschi Trucks a few years ago. Derek Trucks does stuff on the guitar that no one else on the planet can do. Really wished I'd caught an ABB show early in the early 2000s. I saw them too back in same time frame I saw Linda Ronstadt.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
I saw Linda Ronstadt around 1974-75 in a small arena at the University of Maryland (Ritchie Coliseum). Me and a buddy sat on the floor 10 feet in front of the stage with no one between us and her. About ten minutes into the show my buddy turned to me and said, "I'm in love!" She wasn't that well known yet (hence playing in small arena), but You're No Good was one of the songs we heard her sing and it was climbing to number 1 on the radio at the time. She'd be very famous within a year.
I saw Linda Ronstadt in 1973 when she was the opening act for Neil Young at a large venue. She wasn't too well known at that time, although I was familiar with her music and thought it was decent. A number of (likely high/intoxicated) concert attendees were pretty disrespectful toward her and, between songs, they would loudly scream out requests. All requests that I recall hearing were for Janis Joplin songs, especially Full Tilt Boogie, and the frequency and intensity of the requests increased throughout her performance until, near the end of her set, it became a chant with a growing number of participants. To her credit, she remained composed throughout her performance.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
R.I.P. Don Everly of The Everly Brothers, he passed 21 August 2021 he and his brother Phil sang serval great songs.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
R.I.P. Charlie Watts drummer for the Rolling Stones passed away at the age of 80. That is two Rock and Roll legends in two days. I am surprised that our resident drummer @crgildart who started this thread didn't post this about Charlie Watts.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
R.I.P. Charlie Watts drummer for the Rolling Stones passed away at the age of 80. That is two Rock and Roll legends in two days. I am surprised that our resident drummer @crgildart who started this thread didn't post this about Charlie Watts.
I've been hibernating for the summer

Sponsor

Staff online