• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Super sad to hear of the passing of Jeff Beck :( ! One of my all time favorites, probably saw him live half a dozen times. He just got better with age…

May he rest in peace.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A giant of rock, gut punch to us boomers!

My wife introduced this song to me about 45 years ago:

4ster

Instructor
A giant of rock, gut punch to us boomers!

My wife introduced this song to me about 45 years ago:
You’ve got a great wife!
imagine that song with Jimmy Page on rhythm guitar, Keith Moon on drums, John Paul Jones on bass and Nicky Hopkins on piano.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Since @Jim Kenney started this Jeff Beck stuff this was my first introduction to Jeff Beck

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Since @Jim Kenney started this Jeff Beck stuff this was my first introduction to Jeff Beck
Wow, that's a really early one. Must have been right after the Yardbirds?

Jeff Beck eschewed the commercial route. He did his own thing, always with otherworldly talent. This appearance on a Rod Stewart record is a little taste of what he could have done if he wanted to limit himself to hit making:

Uncle-A

Skier
Wow, that's a really early one. Must have been right after the Yardbirds?

Jeff Beck eschewed the commercial route. He did his own thing, always with otherworldly talent. This appearance on a Rod Stewart record is a little taste of what he could have done if he wanted to limit himself to hit making:
That is a great rendition of People Get Ready thanks for sharing. I have the 45 RPM version of Hi Ho Silver Lining and Balaro is on the flip side. I am going to try and find it, some of my record collection has gotten lost when I moved to my new home.

Uncle-A

Skier
It is sad that Jeff Beck passed away at age 78.

4ster

Instructor
Check out this performance with Imelda May on vocals, be sure to hang in there for Jeff's intense solo starting around 3:20:
This is from his “Rock & Roll Party” tribute to Les Paul.

I saw him shortly after this thinking I may be seeing this line-up but it ended up being the first night of a new tour with a new lineup.
I managed to get right by the stage & toward the end of the show he actually strapped on a Les Paul & played a few …
6EF74BBD-3DD9-435F-9CE9-6C9A5411EBF8.jpeg

From the same night…
59140B51-FE79-43A7-83A3-3DF30A575653.jpeg

I have been listening exclusively to my Jeff Beck catalog since yesterday & what a large catalog it is between studio albums, live stuff & collaborations.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I know we have to move on past this Jeff adulation, but here's one more. A very lively teaming with Stevie Wonder on "Superstition".

4ster

Instructor
I know we have to move on past this Jeff adulation, but here's one more. A very lively teaming with Stevie Wonder on "Superstition".
No we don’t! Jeff is about as classically classy as it gets…

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Wow, so little love for Crosby? This track from one of my all-time favorite albums always blows me away. The harmonies, the bright acoustic guitar, the spare bass notes, Garcia's pedal steel, and Joni's closing harmony on the last line give this song an ethereal feeling reflective of the lyric.

Uncle-A

Skier
Wow, so little love for Crosby? This track from one of my all-time favorite albums always blows me away. The harmonies, the bright acoustic guitar, the spare bass notes, Garcia's pedal steel, and Joni's closing harmony on the last line give this song an ethereal feeling reflective of the lyric.

There is very little love for Crosby because he was not a nice individual. His band mates have said he was very difficult to work with. His closest friend in the group was Nash and he has said it was a challenge to work with him.

Uncle-A

Skier
Yes, Crosby was a jerk. That does not diminish his influence on music or the quality of his work.
I have not checked but how much of the song writing and music arrangement did he do for the group?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, Crosby was a jerk.

So first, not a fan of the music, but hasn't Crosby owned his "jerkdom" in his later years?

I sure wasn't perfect in my younger years, and I wasn't even a rock -- err pop -- star. :huh:

Uncle-A

Skier
So first, not a fan of the music, but hasn't Crosby owned his "jerkdom" in his later years?

I sure wasn't perfect in my younger years, and I wasn't even a rock -- err pop -- star. :huh:
Yes, he owned up to being a jerk, but he didn't change and didn't apologize from what I have seen. True we all have things we probably should have done differently but hopefully we learned from our mistakes and made up for them. I don't think Crosby did much to rebuild bridges with his former band mates.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January