• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Clothing Manufacturers News

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I couldn't find a thread that covered news about ski clothing manufacturers so it seemed like a good idea to start one. Maybe our member @Analisa (Industry Insider) could be a good contributor.

Eddie Bauer Outdoors is being sold to Simon Properties.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I couldn't find a thread that covered news about ski clothing manufacturers so it seemed like a good idea to start one. Maybe our member @Analisa (Industry Insider) could be a good contributor.

Eddie Bauer Outdoors is being sold to Simon Properties.
Does this mean the entire Eddie Bauer retail chain? Or just a specific part of Eddie Bauer (their outdoor clothing line?) And to a property company? What's the fit there?

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
The office is staying in Seattle (for now). Damien came in as head designer from Patagonia (where he was VP of design), was the person behind First Ascent, became president, and will remain so (for now). At some point I imagine that operations will be consolidated with another of the holding company's brands, which is typical. It looks like sourcing will experience some degree of consolidation. As of now, the acquisition does not look like the bloodletting that took place at Mammut.

The acquisition is for the entirety of the company.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Does this mean the entire Eddie Bauer retail chain? Or just a specific part of Eddie Bauer (their outdoor clothing line?) And to a property company? What's the fit there?
I think Simon Properties owns a lot of the Outlet Malls and they seem to all have an Eddie Bauer Outlet Store on the property. Maybe they want more than just the store rent and they know what stores can pay the rent?

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
You might want to add that Authentic Brands is part of that deal too. Now that makes some sense.
That may be a good idea, I thought that my men's clothing store Brooks Brothers was purchased by an athletic company not sure what one maybe the Italian footwear company Fila?

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Are any of our members from England? I am looking for feedback on a brand that is supposed to be from England. The brand name is Regatta Great Outdoors they just opened an outlet in one of our Outlet Malls. They have some interesting stuff and the prices are reasonable for now, but they maybe just low in the beginning because they are a new store in this area.

Sponsor