• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Clouds

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
Paintings by Albert Bierstadt I presume ? ;)
Beautiful stuff. You must be a pro.
That last one is spectacular.
Me? If so, thank you! I'm not a professional photographer, but my father was, and he showed me how it's done. I'm more of a painter.

IMG_7634.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

Tequila_Sunset_B.jpeg

Last edited:

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Paintings by Albert Bierstadt I presume ? ;)
Beautiful stuff. You must be a pro.
That last one is spectacular.
Yes, nice photos @scvaughn . Even the mid day photo is great and that’s not easy. Bierstadt? That’s Hudson River School but you knew that;)

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I took these last June, during a combination climb of Wetterhorn and Uncompahgre. It was a San Juan "tundrathon" kind of day.

View attachment 199450

As you know Dan, growing up in the same area, seeing Hudson River School paintings is like going home. Some wonderful Coles and Churches in the Museum in Pittsfield.

Agree, this is the pic ^ that really stuck me especially as being pro skills - not easy at all.

Interesting paintings scvaughn, they remind me of Huitchol yarn painting.

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
As you know Dan, growing up in the same area, seeing those Hudson River School paintings are like going home. Some wonderful Coles and Churches in the Museum in Pittsfield.

Agree, this is the pic ^ that really stuck me especially as being pro skills - not easy at all.

Interesting paintings scvaughn, they remind me of Huitchol yarn painting.
Thank you, JCF. I like sharing my adventures with friends and family, and photos are a great way to do it. The textile art of various indigenous peoples provides inspiration for painting.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCF

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
Ominous clouds rolling in over the summit of La Plata last October. I booked it down immediately after taking a few photos.

IMG_1718.JPG

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
20230424_195203.jpg

24 April 2023, At least this motorist could enjoy a nice view while waiting to be issued a speeding ticket. This is Mt. Nebo, elev 11,928, tallest peak in the Wasatch range and one of the more southern. Photo taken from northbound lane of Interstate 15 about 100 miles south of Salt Lake City.

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
View attachment 201619
24 April 2023, At least this motorist could enjoy a nice view while waiting to be issued a speeding ticket. This is Mt. Nebo, elev 11,928, tallest peak in the Wasatch range and one of the more southern. Photo taken from northbound lane of Interstate 15 about 100 miles south of Salt Lake City.
Isn’t the speed limit 80mph there? Must’ve been going too slow!
162AF521-EA2F-4951-875D-FB52098741F0.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January