• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cold upcoming season.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Seems like mother nature is going to mess with us this season and give global warming a little run for its money with colder than normal temps for parts of the country.

Have you got your warm and woolies picked out to ensure you can enjoy the season without being cold?

Comments?

motogreg

A liftie once told me I was an okay skier....
Skier
We'll see, not much confidence in the long range forecasts. MI has seen a dry couple years, so hoping it dumps!

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would be very happy with a strong La Nina winter in the PNW. Bring on the pow from mid January and into March. The early season can be pretty hit or miss with La Nina. Some are great and some are late.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's no "give global warming a little run for its money" in colder temps. Colder than normal winter temps in some places, notably North America, are caused by global warming.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It's a little warmer than usual in our neck of the woods so I don't think I'll be skiing until early November. It's typically pretty cold in southern VT and in a normal year we go to the eastern townships in quebec to ski every January but we've got all the right clothes so we'll be set with whatever weather we get.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like mother nature is going to mess with us this season and give global warming a little run for its money with colder than normal temps for parts of the country.

One thing is for sure: that Greta kid won't like this one bit.

Me? I just can't wait for the first snow. Hope Mother Nature will hit us hard beginning of December and the snow won't go away till end April.

Just Bring It!

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
123915914_1243096532719672_7159982799403652159_n.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Canadian Thanksgiving weekend coming up and it's going to be a boating weather in Ontario...I was going to put the OC away.....But then they had snow yesterday at Sun Peaks...
Is there another Sun Peaks in the east somewhere because the one in B.C. not only has no snow, it is too warm to make it?....could change any time, though.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have plenty of warm cloths, heated socks and boot bag. And a car I'm hopefully going to be pointing in the right direction to find fresh snow. Starting in Maine, working my way to Taos and then the PNW. Not sure where I'm going to ski in between.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Think it will be warm for quite a while this Fall. Just changed the closet to winter clothes.
That was probably a mistake.

Sponsor

Staff online