• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
I use the glasses I have for road biking for winter running, they wrap around more. TBH they are actually sunglass tinted cheap safety glasses from when I worked in a lab, and they work great to protect from wind to the eyes.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Been using WAY cheap safety glasses from Norco for many years. Buy them in various tints/ shades/ mirrors so I have different ones for night/day/ sunny/ overcast, etc. Clear ones at night are handy at keeping the swarms of little bloodsuckers out of the eyes. They are ridiculously light and the optical quality is not great but OK. They will fog up a little after hard exertion when you are slowing down but adjusting them up or down on the nose a little bit clears the fog instantly. (With my nose I have almost infinite adjustment.). I pay around 2.25 apiece for them.
IMG_0317.jpg

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Opened this thread thinking "hey something I can contribute to!"

Read thread. Yeah, nope. South East "cold" was Sunday - half trail marathon, temps a balmy 34, ice storm previous night switched over to intermittent rain. Ran in a shell, opened it up pretty quickly. Was hot even. So, I got nothing other than I ski and run in winter too. Carry on ;)

Wait - do have something - merino base layer?

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
A good friend of mine uses them but I don't have enough extra shoes to designate a pair solely for running in the snow. I prefer to run in yaktrax if I need traction.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid