• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Come support Hickory Ski Center!

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hickory Ski Center (my home mountain) might be spinning its T-bar and Pomas this winter, after a ~5 year hiatus. They are having a food/beer/live music event on 14 August, 4 - 8pm.

The T-bar will try to service the lower mountain this winter for school groups and clubs. There's also work being done to get the Snow Cat and Pomas up and running.

https://www.facebook.com/hickoryskicenter/

Mad River Glen... ski it if you can't ski Hickory!

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Years ago I passed by this place a few times going to/from Gore. Has always been on my radar to ski at but between lousy weather and the many years it has not been in operation, it never happened. I would love to be able to ski there at least once before I relocate. Please keep us informed!

James

Out There
Instructor
So this is west of Lake George, half hour from Glens Falls?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hickory is one of the coolest placed I ever skied. MRG was mentioned above, Hickory makes MRG feel like Stratton. You cannot get to the lodge (a cinderblock barn) from the parking lot, you have to boot up at your car and take a poma up. IIRC, it is about 1400 vert and was like 6th in New York state for vertical. This picture is from 92 or 93, not me but my old skis.

The day we were there, I went in to get breakfast, and all I had was a $20. The cashier didn't have enough to break it so said, "Don't worry, Hon., You can pay for it when you come in for lunch".

sc0031e99f.jpg

Sponsor