• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone have a good brand of compression socks they like? Bonus points if they're not hideous and I can get them from Amazon. I did get one pair at the medical supply store, so I had something to compare others to, but my ski socks are no longer the most expensive socks I’ve ever bought and I’d just as soon not spend that kind of cash on multiple pairs!

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As a nurse, I am a big fan of the ASwift compression socks.
Reasons:
*Can get them on Amazon
*Have great toe boxes. I don't have big feet (6.5-7, normal width, no bunions, etc) and I have had other stockings that the toe box is so tight that my feet are numb within the first 90 minutes of work and cut off the circulation to my feet
*Perfect weight. My feet aren't either too hot or too cold during work.
*Great compression! what I wear the socks with designs, the imprints actually are on my legs at the end of the day.
*Plain, cute or funky designs. Your choice!

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
These socks being discussed look like they are not wool. Is there any problem with that?
What about odor retention?

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Neither of those is a problem @LiquidFeet. I just need these because the doctor said I should wear them for the next three-six months after my ankle surgery. So, everyday wear, but not athletic wear.

@SkiNurse - Thanks! That was one of the brands I was wondering about. Nice to hear about the toes, too. Another bonus, these come in small, medium, large where a lot of the others seem to be small/medium, and large/extra large. I think we have a winner!

ETA - Crap! Now there's another size chart that combines the sizes as above! Still going to take some work to figure out.

Last edited:
TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't forget the calf size variable. One-side-sort-of-fits-all compression socks can't help but be floppy on skinnier calves.
And mine is awful skinny at the moment!

The A-Swift ones SkiNurse seem to work fine.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Just saw this thread, I have some compression socks that look to be branded "BD", not sure where I got them. I'll research more and then post, I really like these. They're also asymmetrical as well (there's a right and a left), dug them out and skied on the deck today, they seem to work very well with the new liners and no issues with toenails.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW....because I have been having some foot problems this winter...I went looking for compression socks, so I bought 4 pairs of Dissent socks a few weeks ago.

Well, I have worn all four pairs on 4 different ski days....they have a great feel...and seem to be of very high quality.....but....toes are frozen on all 4 days....(1 at Elk, 1 at Hunter, 1 at Killington, 1 at Grand Targhee).

So today I went back to my original Smartwool PHD socks....and feet were fine as they have always been in the past........

So I will probably have a use for my new Dissent socks in warmer weather, but for now, they go to the back of the pile.

Disappointed, but oh well.

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've been lucky - skied 8 days so far, 6 in CO, and the ankle doesn’t swell so I’m not worried about skiing in my regular ski socks.

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have an HSA and even the ones I got form the medical supply store didn't qualify for that.

Sponsor

Staff online