• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Concerts you’ve attended list...

Chuck danache

On the road
Skier
Clapton 3
Santana 3
AC/DC 3
Buddy Guy
BB King
Johnny Winter
Edgar Winter
Walter Trout
Oingo Boingo
Lone Justice
Deep Purple
Stones
Thorogood
English Beat
Motels
Kinks
XTC
Black Crowes w Jimmy Page
Stone temple pilots
Aerosmith
Donovan
Devo
Sparks
SRV
Eagles
Robert Fripp
Eddie Money
Dokken
Cinderella
Elton John
Los Lobos
Burning Sensations
Prince
Chicago
Springsteen
Jethro Tull
CSNY
Jeff Beck
Allman Bros
Robin Trower
Jean Luc Ponty
The Baby’s
Tyler and the Trainrobbers
Chick Corea
Al Dimeola
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Hootie…
Big Head Todd…
Paul Rogers
Gang of Four
Steely Dan
Rick Derringer
Steve Winwood
Robert Plant
Bangles
Foghat
Steppenwolf
Gov’t Mule
Indigenous
Joe Bonnamassa
Peter Frampton
Tinsley Ellis
Van Morrison
War
Who

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
James Brown with Little Richard in San Diego, maybe Anaheim.
BBKing at his club in NY with Buddy Guy who was like 90
Dead at Highgate and original Boston Garden
Springstein
Stevie Wonder
311 and a few others in Atlanta
Woodstock 2 Cyprus Hill was the best but some old timer s rocked too.
Beastie Boys x2

At Great Woods/comcast center MA:
Santana
Clapton
Neil young x2
Steve Miller Band x3?
Original Lollapalooza
Buffet
The Jamin 95 rap concert
The Phish concerts were better to hag out in the parking lot.
And more

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I keep remembering shows

Living color a few times
Grand Master flash
Whitesnake
George Clinton

Live comedy shows

The Wayans Brothers (damon, Shawn, keenan, marlon)
Steven Wright

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For those in the northeast....

John Valby "Dr. Dirty", many times.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I've only seen a few..most of them during frosh weeks in college... Big bands, The Who, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, GNR... I dunno, not that many.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Best Comedy show I ever saw was Steve Martin at an employee show in Harrahs Tahoe South Shore Room.
We were ROTFL before he even said a word! :roflmao:
Juggling Cats, King Tut etc. This was at the height of his comedic genius during the late 70’s but that may be another thread.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
A few that have been mentioned that I am envious of ...

Jimi Hendrix. Begged to go but Mom said I was too young.
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon tour) coulda, shoulda, woulda :doh:
Allman Brothers. Not sure why I never saw them, I am sure there were opportunities but I think I thought they weren’t really the Allman Brothers without Duane & l missed that one when a lot of my friends went.
Bowie as Ziggy Stardust
U2
Queen
The Police
& one that hasn’t been mentioned that I would have loved to see would be Cream!

A few I had tickets for but couldn’t go because of work or other commitments...

Led Zeppelin in Oakland 1977, probably their last show ever in North America & my ATF’s!!!
The Rolling Stones at Winterland, I think late 70’s or early 80’s. Ended up giving the ticket to my brother so at least it got used.
Stevie Ray Vaughn & Jeff Beck at the Concord Pavilion. I’ve seen Jeff a bunch but SRV! He died soon after :( .
Muse a few years ago, I had scored Orchestra Pit seats & travelled from Tahoe to Utah the day before to see them in SLC but got food poisoning & couldn’t go.
Your concert list is impressive! There's a few bands/artists on it that I would have enjoyed seeing, especially Deep Purple, Focus, Humble Pie, Santana, and Robin Trower. I still listen to all of them nowadays on occasion (and own quite a bit of vinyl). I'm sure there were opportunities back when those bands were in their heyday but, for whatever reason, I didn't seize the moment and missed out.

Unused concert tickets from that era are considered collectables. Ditto for concert ticket stubs. I've seen tickets from the same Led Zeppelin concert as mine sell for $450 - $575 on eBay and from the same Stones concert as mine sell for $250- $325. The LZ ticket could bring a nice ROI, even adjusting for inflation. Not bad for a $5 expenditure at an Orlando head shop! Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to save any of my ticket stubs.

Both were never used due to crowds pushing up against barriers/fences pre-concert, which collapsed, and then it was just a matter of staying upright so as to not end up a fatality like the 11 who died at a Who concert in Cincinnati or the 3 who died at an ACDC concert in Salt Lake City. On a positive note, it meant that particular entrance to the stadium was the first to allow entry to attendees, and we probably ended up closer to the stage than at least 99% of concertgoers in Tampa and 95% in Akron after an all-out sprint with intermittent body-checking.

3437FAB1-C925-493C-933A-B33E1CB7FC99_1_201_a.jpeg 506615A7-4EC1-444E-843C-EA195441AD56_1_201_a.jpeg

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
^somewhere is my unused Led Zeppelin ticket, I just don’t know where?
Sell those tickets & you might score some cheap seats for the Stones nowadays.

Last edited:

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
5.00 advance still seems a reasonable price to me.
Richard Thompson was a recent steal.
Doubt I've topped 25 Canadian by much for a concert I wanted to pay for.

But the wife still likes the big concert events. Even for those who are passed their best before date, so it averages out a lot more.
Live entertainment is always worth supporting,

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
did attend a Vancouver riot over ticket issues over that same Rolling Stones tour in 1972

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For those who missed Led Zeppelin, Plant & Page with the orchestra was truly an amazong show.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
When I see some of the lists I think I must have lived understand a rock because I have only been to a few shows. Maybe the amount of money I had as disposable income was so little that concerts had to be very low priority. Some of the people here may not know the names some will.
The Times
The Four Tops
Lynyrd Skynyrd & The Outlaws
The Beach Boys
Judy Collins
Perry Como
Salvation
That's all I can remember now if I remember anymore I will add to the list.

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
This is a good memory stretcher. Live shows only since the last year or two I have steamed quite a few folk I would never be able to see in person
Van Halen
AC DC
Scorpions
Blue Oyster Cult
Alice Cooper
Neil Young
Arcade Fire
Rihannon
Akon
Bare Naked Ladies
Blue Rodeo
Steve Earle
KD Lang
Joel Plaskett
Matt Mays
Blackie and the Rodeo Kings
Long John Baldry
Matt Minglewood
Pogues
Paul McCartney
Serena Ryder
Jesse Cook
Tragically Hip
And a ton i can't remember

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Thanks for starting this thread. It's been fun to go down memory lane. For us live music is life so it's been hard to not have that. Glad that getting is moving again.
In my town there is a Sunday Blues Jam that was just restarted last Sunday. It was great seeing all my old blues fan buddies (I am a fan, not a player) after all these months. While bars and lounges, have now reopened in B.C., there is supposed to be no intermingling between tables and no dancing. This was completely ignored at the Jam as in all likelihood all attendees were fully vaccinated. And just in case anyone thinks we were being irresponsible: according to the most recent report there are 61 known active cases on the 300 mile long Vancouver Island, with more than half of the 1 million population on the south island where I live in Greater Victoria, and there are 35 Covid cases, 1 in hospital, 0 in ICU.

Tonight I am going to see Soul Shakers, a local Soul, Blues, R & B, Motown band that is giving a free outdoor concert. Best part is, because it is outdoors I can bring my dog. (By the way, the lead singer's name is Joyce and she is known by the well earned nickname "Joyce The Voice"). :)

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Never saw Jimi Hendrix in his Experience period, Doors, Beatles, Cream, but most everything else.

After h discharged from the USAF in 1970 during the VN War after suffering an aneurysm I kept secret, lived poor in downtown San Francisco for most of a year just trying to internally heal and stay alive. The injury has greatly limited what has been possible during my whole adult life. Note summer 1971 moved down to Santa Clara County to work in electronics. A few blocks away on Market Street was Bill Graham's Fillmore West at Carousel Ballroom where 2 to 4 touring bands played most nights of each week. Something like $7 tickets? Grateful Dead, Airplane, Quicksilver, etc and other SF bands were often on the bill plus any touring British rock bands or other well-known US bands. It was the peak of the exploding rock music era and I was up to my neck in it. BG brought in numbers other blues, country, non-rock acts in lower billed to broaden experiences. After FW closed BG began running concerts at Winterland and later also Cow Palace.

Additionally throughout the SFBA a thriving all days of the week club scene at myriad alcohol bars with bands was hugely larger than any era since. Concerts vibe in that era was far different than what evolved later in the 80's and 90's. For a few years most concert venues didn't sell alcohol, there was always standing room areas in front of stages, people could move about and sit or stand anywhere, a whole lot more people danced, and many of us have permanent tinnitus because loudspeaker control was often poor indoors. To this day, I greatly hate paid for concert seating that began to dominate when big money got involved. As disco and punk rock rose later in the decade the early vibe withered. Also the region was a Mecca for counterculture long hairs and outlaw bikers from across the US that brought in their hard drugs and dealing, coak and whiskey, gradually killing the earlier vibe. MTV that launched in the 1980's destroyed the FM radio AOR rock era and with their NY and LA media accomplices have worked to bury realities of that era with a narrative to make us puke. Since 2000 have paid little attention to newer music, not familiar with newer music celebrities, and instead just listen to the Classic Rock.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Another I need to add to my list. They played for a week in the club where l worked. Maybe not all the original members but they were great!
I have to tell you that I saw them in early 1968 when I worked in Detroit. I seem to remember it was in this big bar at a bowling alley and they put on a good show. They were early in their career and set the place a jumping.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid