• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Copper Mountain Beginner Terrain

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've been to Copper Mountain several times but I have never paid attention to their beginner terrain. My wife is and probably always will be a green run skier. She did OK with Grand Targhee last year but I am looking at Copper for next season. How is their beginner terrain?

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's great! West Village (Union Creek) has a great progression with easy access up the hill. You can also easily get to the Timberline Express area and even over to Rendezvous lift which is nice because you're high up and see some of the incredible views without getting into advanced terrain.

TS
Cameron

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've always thought of Copper as having something for everyone and that really seems to be the case. As much as I'd love to go back to Targhee I can get to Colorado faster and much cheaper.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like West Village - feels like you are at a tiny resort on a huge mountain.. The ski school is there and they have good rentals. There is a small parking lot that you probably need to reserve now if you want to use it.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like West Village - feels like you are at a tiny resort on a huge mountain.. The ski school is there and they have good rentals. There is a small parking lot that you probably need to reserve now if you want to use it.
Unless it changes next year there are no reservations for any parking lots at Copper. You just have to get the West Village lot early especially on Sat or Sun since there’s lots of competition from families who have kids in weekly lesson programs. The lots is pretty close to full by about 8am.

TS
Cameron

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ideally we would probably stay in the center village area so we could always just take the shuttle over to the west village.

Gina D

Getting off the lift
Skier
I remember skiing there many years ago when I was a very mediocre skier and the trail Soliloquy (lookers right) was wonderful. Off of the Timberline Express.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ideally we would probably stay in the center village area so we could always just take the shuttle over to the west village.

Just a recommendation. I would check out reservations over the summer if you are looking for the best price. And to get the real total price make sure you put it in your cart.

Parking is a whole different discussion that would not surprise me if it has it's own thread next season :ogbiggrin:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
From center village you have several good green options, a few of which have been mentioned.... take American Flyer up to near the top of Timberline lift, and take Soliloquy down to the Lumberjack and Kokomo lifts. Or stay under Flyer and ski High Point, Easy Feeling, etc.

Or make your way to Rendezvous lift. I love that area myself sometimes, and took a couple of groomer only folks there to get off-piste in some easy powder (just a few inches), plus ski the couple of groomers usually up there. And you can take in the view across Copper Bowl to Tucker mountain, and beyond it the backside of the peaks at Breckenridge.

Coppertone is a long and popular run, but I think it's just OK, as it has some flat and off-camber areas that I don't think are likely to be as much fun, even for a green run skier, compared to some of the other runs. YMMV, as always.

Last edited:

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sorry to thread jack but we have been doing WP over the Christmas Holidays for the past 20 years. Between Copper Mountain and WP which is busier during the holidays?

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've started using West Village as a base there. Alpine lot bus drops you right there and there's a decent area to boot up. Lumberjack lift on the side has some nice length novice runs, nicely groomed and no line (it is fixed grip however). Used the area this past March for a warm up after coming in from Sea Level.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry to thread jack but we have been doing WP over the Christmas Holidays for the past 20 years. Between Copper Mountain and WP which is busier during the holidays?

That's a tough one. I would like to say they are probably about the same but the way Copper has been trending I wouldn't be shocked if Copper is busier now. Will the trend continue?

Sponsor