• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Corbetts.com March Madness Sale

Brian_in_MA

Booting up
Skier
For anyone who is looking for new gear, Corbetts.com is having their March Madness Sale through 3/7 with the code: Bluebird. Discount is 30%

I just picked up a pair of RipStick 88s and Warden 13 bindings for $525 after discount and exchange rate.

Edit: And I forgot the word March in the title. Should be "March Madness Sale". Mods, if you would...

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
For anyone who is looking for new gear, Corbetts.com is having their March Madness Sale through 3/7 with the code: Bluebird. Discount is 30%

I just picked up a pair of RipStick 88s and Warden 13 bindings for $525 after discount and exchange rate.

Edit: And I forgot the word March in the title. Should be "March Madness Sale". Mods, if you would...

Does anyone know what the HST charge in the Corbetts checkout cart is for or what HST stands for? I don't ever recall additional charges on any skis that I have purchased from them in the past.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know what the HST charge in the Corbetts checkout cart is for or what HST stands for? I don't ever recall additional charges on any skis that I have purchased from them in the past.
Harmonized Sales Tax
HST goes away once I sign into my account which has a shipping address in the US.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeah as JMills says, that's an Ontario only thing..you should have it removed when you put your billing or shipping address outside of Ontario.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Is there anyway for the prices to be shown in US dollars? I have an account and Im signed in. I can't figure it out!!!

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is there anyway for the prices to be shown in US dollars? I have an account and Im signed in. I can't figure it out!!!

last year when I’m ordered skis for my girls I used an online currency converter. Didn’t see that option during checkout.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
If paying with a credit card, make sure that your cc company doesn't charge a fee for international purchases as some do, some don't. Your cc statement should show both the CDN dollar amount and what you owe in US dollars.

For a price conversion, just Goggle the amount "CDN dollars to US dollars".

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hope they have another sale, as I am not quite ready to commit to new skis.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Set it with US dollars on the left side and Canadian dollars on the right side. Put in the Canadian amount and you'll see the U.S. amount it equals. There will be small differences in the actual cost, but it'll be very close. Today it costs US$.79 to buy CAD$1.00.

I've shopped with Corbetts. Very good service.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Bought a bunch of stuff last 12 months from Corbett’s. Really happy with their service.

Bummed I missed this. Was thinking of swapping my SPro 120s for Shift Pro 120s for ease of getting around. I’ve heard good things.

Last edited:

FlimFlamvanHam

Putting on skis
Skier
before giving up, call them at 1-800-603-8580 and ask if they'll honor the 30% off MSRP (this time on expired "Bluebird" code; back in Feb it was "POW21") on whatever item(s) you're interested in.

I have yet for them to ever tell me no.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't USA dealer get p*ssed at places like Corbetts selling cross-border and even offering free shipping ? Though really they should be p*ssed at the manufacturers for allowing such cross territory shipping. To compound matters, some items have a cheaper MSRP in Canada than in the USA, even taking into account currency conversion.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well..happens in reverse too.. I got my Outback for $31k CDN all in...CDN was at $1.04 to US at that time. Canadian dealers were pissed but they couldn't budge $500 on their price. That car bought in Canada would have been $42k all in. Chain Reaction Cycles in UK was selling Shimano products CHEAP.. Like, I believe their prices were close to wholesale prices here in Canada, which is half MSRP. There was enough complaining by the Shimano dealer network here that you cannot buy Shimano products from the UK now. I have to ship to my brother in EU and get him to forward to me. Still cheaper..

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
In my business I have to sign off that I'm an not selling to the states. One of my competitors got caught and currently his site is closed down. So it's up to the manufacturer to make the call.

Sponsor

Staff online