• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Corbetts.com March Madness Sale

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wasn’t able to use the sale code, but I did get an awesome deal on these, just over $400usd. Very excited...
2019 Salomon XDR 88 Ti Skis w/ Warden MNC 13 Demo Bindings

FlimFlamvanHam

Putting on skis
Skier
Don't USA dealer get p*ssed at places like Corbetts selling cross-border and even offering free shipping ? Though really they should be p*ssed at the manufacturers for allowing such cross territory shipping. To compound matters, some items have a cheaper MSRP in Canada than in the USA, even taking into account currency conversion.

Yeah, this makes no sense to me either, on all counts.

I cannot buy K2 skis out of the US. I don't think I can buy FT boots either (which would make sense since they are K2). I am only using those two as an example. I'd never want to buy them out of the US because the MSRP is ridiculous but how can a CDN retailer sell same to the US?

I have seen on some CDN sites that state "ships to Canada only" for certain brands, but an example eludes me right now.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't know how manufacturers can truly stop cross border commerce other than no warranty. For example, in the camera world, there is the concept of grey market models, most cameras fall under this usually means they are imported from different countries, and the serial # would render the cameras not eligible for service in the US. For some of the large players such as B&H, they can offer grey market models by providing services for those cameras. I think given the volume of Corbetts, they can easily source the skis from someone in bulk prices, then sell them to everyone at cost.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It's probably impossible to completely stop..but they can make it harder. I can't get stuff bike stuff across the border for certain bike mfgs, like Jamis and some others. I CAN drop ship to Niagara Falls NY and go across the border and get it. 3hrs both ways. You can't buy from the UK now for certain Shimano bike parts. That one I have to ship to family and re-ship from the EU. Still cheaper if the stuff is small/light enough. I've never seen grey-market bike parts here. If it's cheap enough, I'll try to find a way. If it's close, I'll just go local and try to support them.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am trying to buy skis and bindings on Corbett's and they are charging me HST. Pretty sure that didn't happen last year. I live in California.

Is this something new or am I just misremembering?

Thanks.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
am trying to buy skis and bindings on Corbett's and they are charging me HST. Pretty sure that didn't happen last year. I live in California.

Is this something new or am I just misremembering?
HST will likely get deleted at checkout.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I just ordered some Pivot 15's for about $211. Not sure what skis they are going on yet, but at almost 50% of what I paid for a set this past January I wasn't going to pass that up. I'd like to order one more set.....

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Rule 1 for slick deals. Buy now, regret later. On this board, it's more like: Buy now, get yelled at by spouse later!

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Bought a pair of Salomon Shift Pro 120 boots. $700 in the US. Between sale price and exchange rate, came out to US$380 out the door.

HST gets deleted if you aren’t in CA.