• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Could we have a new player in the ski boot world ... Kästle?

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
In June 2019 Vladimír Dušánek the CEO of Kästle CZ & COO of Kästle AT was interviewed by a Czech online business magazine https://www.peak.cz/vladimir-dusane...astle-ve-sportenu-uvazujeme-i-o-kolech/16880/ if you scroll down to the second paragraph below a photo of him holding a grey Sporten ski it contains the word “Roxa”.

A machine translation app and a bit of editing gave this:

What is the cooperation with binding manufacturers?

We work with all major binding manufacturers except Salomon and Look. We also cooperate intensively with boot manufacturers, both Nordic and alpine. We are thinking about building our own brand of boots that someone else would manufacture for us. This is especially important for Nordic, where 90 percent of the time we sell complete Nordic ski sets, i.e. skis, bindings, boots.

And what about alpine?

In alpine skiing, only about a third of sales are for complete sets. Nevertheless, we have started an intensive cooperation in this area with the Italian brand Roxa, which we liked for its history, which is similar to ours. Like us, they were making boots for different manufacturers under their brands and then they decided to make boots under their own brand. Today, they are one of the most technically advanced and innovative companies, using Grilamid or at least PU+ (a high-end material used for boot shells) even in lower models.
Thanks for this. They face a hell of a climb in Alpine in the USA from what I can tell. They have a hard enough getting retail distribution for their skis, let alone a brand new boot.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
In June 2019 Vladimír Dušánek the CEO of Kästle CZ & COO of Kästle AT was interviewed by a Czech online business magazine https://www.peak.cz/vladimir-dusane...astle-ve-sportenu-uvazujeme-i-o-kolech/16880/ if you scroll down to the second paragraph below a photo of him holding a grey Sporten ski it contains the word “Roxa”.

A machine translation app and a bit of editing gave this:

What is the cooperation with binding manufacturers?

We work with all major binding manufacturers except Salomon and Look. We also cooperate intensively with boot manufacturers, both Nordic and alpine. We are thinking about building our own brand of boots that someone else would manufacture for us. This is especially important for Nordic, where 90 percent of the time we sell complete Nordic ski sets, i.e. skis, bindings, boots.

And what about alpine?

In alpine skiing, only about a third of sales are for complete sets. Nevertheless, we have started an intensive cooperation in this area with the Italian brand Roxa, which we liked for its history, which is similar to ours. Like us, they were making boots for different manufacturers under their brands and then they decided to make boots under their own brand. Today, they are one of the most technically advanced and innovative companies, using Grilamid or at least PU+ (a high-end material used for boot shells) even in lower models.
Interesting article. tho' I think the Roxa thing was pretty well known
Thanks for this. They face a hell of a climb in Alpine in the USA from what I can tell. They have a hard enough getting retail distribution for their skis, let alone a brand new boot.

They will first concentrate on the European market.

Still tough - if you buy Kastle you'll have to dump another brand [or at best mix and match - for every Kastle ski or boot you buy something else probably gets dropped.

So they have a good product but then so does say Atomic, Fischer, Head. Stand to be corrected but this isn't say the launch of the Salomon ski when it was something of a must have for retailers, or the Tyrolia protector which is on the face of things pretty interesting.

This is 'Austrian ski co makes good skis, launches high performance boot' [se do lots of others]. The owner obviously has deep pockets and he might be able to simply bludgeon his way in but whether there is a real gap in the market...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tomorrow
1356C2E7-9C3C-48FB-A084-12B9B72CDC2D.jpeg