• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Could we have a new player in the ski boot world ... Kästle?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
240613733_4250105951746976_2009865671068502688_n.jpg

That teal is used by only one brand: Kästle. Is Kästle starting to make its own boot? It would make sense with Sporten, Kästle's parent company, which has invested in the brand in order to make Kästle a full-line company from entry-level skis like the EX74 to the world-class MX and boutique models such as the Proto. For a company to be truly considered full line, it needs to offer boots.

If this is a Kästle boot, it looks like the company is jumping into the deep end -- with a full-on race boot. The picture shown is not your typical high-performance boot with race colors, but a solid-lug boot in a true race environment. I am sure this will not be the only offering, rather a consumer version and then trickling down from there.

I have an email to my connections at Kästle; I am not sure I will get a full confirmation (or denial). Right now, the silence I am hearing is not a denial, but I would be very surprised if this is not a Kästle boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Makes sense, Kästle has been trying to go out of business since 1924. This'll help.

Sorry, if I'd have been drinking coffee, I'd have snorted it on the floor. I do wish them well though.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Makes sense, Kästle has been trying to go out of business since 1924. This'll help.
How do you make a small fortune in the ski industry? Start with a large one.

We are fortunate that there are companies like Sporten and even Head who put the love of the sport right up there with the bottom line.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
They should have gone with a comfort based performance boot. Imagine Hollow Tech incorporated into the the shell at the navicular and fifth met head... missed opportunity.
How do you make a small fortune in the ski industry? Start with a large one.
Some of these companies need to understand I work cheap, I'll tell you why your idea is stupid and give you a better one. Seriously.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think this answers the question who it might be.

240248481_10227417724135565_7503713032271865323_n.jpg

Note the black boot with metal bails in the background and it looks like a Nordica as a reference boot too.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I find it extremely hard to get excited about boot offerings. I can totally get excited about a specific pair of boots that works for me, but God only knows what make and model that's going to be. "Here. Try these next," says the bootfitter. "I know they're hideous and you're going to have to assume the position when I fill out the invoice, but with feet like those you can't be picky."

So ... pretty colors from a familiar brand tell me nothing in the abstract.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Really, how many tier 1 WC racers are there to go around guys? There are a bunch more of us old guys that might want a performance sports boot. Go where the money is people.

Silly ski equipment companies.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Really, how many tier 1 WC racers are there to go around guys? There are a bunch more of us old guys that might want a performance sports boot. Go where the money is people.

I don't think this first model is necessarily meant to be profitable, it's more to build "buzz".

CascadeConcrete

Out on the slopes
Skier

I don't think anyone's making money off selling gear to WC racers, not least of which because most of that gear is free or deeply discounted to sponsored athletes. If Kästle is putting boots on WC skiers' feet, it's about advertising and exposure just like every other company that does it. Consumer boots that they actually intend to sell will surely follow.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No doubt the RX12 150 that is pictured is a halo boot that falls under the old racing/sales mantra "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday". Racing is a proven test bed for product development, whether we see the RX12 boot being pushed, I am guessing the first boots that will be for public release will have an MX designation.

What I think is very interesting is that they are actually working on this level of a race boot. As mentioned racing is a lo$ing proposition in skiing for Kastle to be investing development here..I am thinking we are going to see them push hard into the race pools.

We might see some seed product out in the next season but I expect these to hit 2023-2024.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think this answers the question who it might be.

240248481_10227417724135565_7503713032271865323_n.jpg

Note the black boot with metal bails in the background and it looks like a Nordica as a reference boot too.
Okay, I see the Nordica arrow you're referring to, but what about the other black boot beyond that one with the ASTLE clearly labeled on it?

CascadeConcrete

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think Kästle has had a minimal presence on the world cup for awhile but mostly just sponsored smaller athletes and only with skis. I know there was a debacle where they actually tried to sponsor Liensberger before she blew up last year, but there were issues finding a boot sponsor. I wonder if this is a direct response to that incident. Kästle probably feel burned about the marketing coup they missed out on, potentially having the hottest young SL skier on their skis. This might be a bit crazy, but any chance these are just a re-skinned boot from another company they're going to distribute to their athletes?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
This might be a bit crazy, but any chance these are just a re-skinned boot from another company they're going to distribute to their athletes?
There is a Nordica next to the Kastle boot in the last photo. When the first picture was posted I thought it was gonna be a Lange knockoff. :huh:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This might be a bit crazy, but any chance these are just a re-skinned boot from another company they're going to distribute to their athletes?
At first I thought the new Head boot but the shell angles are different. Plus they wouldn't be comparing it to the Nordica, they would know that already.

Kästle Boot.jpg

Sponsor