• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@neonorchid thx for the Nina Simone. Love her. First discovered on the Stealing Beauty soundtrack, and I've been a fan ever since....

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yo, I play my enemies like a game of chess
Where I rest, no stress, if you don't smoke sess, lest
I must confess, my destiny's manifest
In some Goretex and sweats I make treks like I'm homeless

Rap orgies with Porgy and Bess
Capture your bounty like Elliot Ness, yes
Bless you if you represent the Fu
But I'll hex you with some witch's brew if you're Doo Doo
Voodoo, I can do what you do, easy
Believe me, frontin' niggas give me heebie-jeebies
So while you're imitating Al Capone
I'll be Nina Simone and defacating on your microphone

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
One band I've come to appreciate is Tedeski-Tucks. Married, Susan Tedeski has one hell of a voice, Dereck Tucks, arguably, is one of the great guitarist today. He made his debut at 15 with the Allman Brothers, his uncle is their drummer. Slide guitar is amazing. Y'all know this song.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
One band I've come to appreciate is Tedeski-Tucks. Married, Susan Tedeski has one hell of a voice, Dereck Tucks, arguably, is one of the great guitarist today. He made his debut at 15 with the Allman Brothers, his uncle is their drummer. Slide guitar is amazing. Y'all know this song.

Also a big fan of Tedeschi-Trucks band! Seen them a couple times in the past 10 years. My last post on the previous page features them playing on "When the Levee Breaks".

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Also a big fan of Tedeschi-Trucks band! Seen them a couple times in the past 10 years. My last post on the previous page features them playing on "When the Levee Breaks".
I know this post is about covers, but, sometimes ya just gotta go where it is. Tedeschi-Tucks classic "Midnight in Harlem". Is there is a better single line slide guitar player than Dereck Tucks, and, a better sining performance, well, for me at least, this is where it's at! Does not get any better. They are coming to Philly area, I WILL be there.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Re. Tedeschi Trucks. We have seen them at least 8 times over the past several years and have tickets for March 25 right down the street from us. IMO probably the best live band out there today.

These are not TTB.

Sponsor