• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

“The War on Ukraine is an unimaginable tragedy... As a human, and as an artist, I felt compelled to respond in the most significant way I could. So today, for the first time ever, I publicly performed my Dad’s song, IMAGINE. Why now, after all these years? - I had always said, that the only time I would ever consider singing ‘IMAGINE' would be if it was the ‘End of the World’… But also because his lyrics reflect our collective desire for peace worldwide. Because within this song, we’re transported to a space, where love and togetherness become our reality, if but for a moment in time… The song reflects the light at the end of the tunnel, that we are all hoping for... As a result of the ongoing murderous violence, millions of innocent families, have been forced to leave the comfort of their homes, to seek asylum elsewhere. I’m calling on world leaders and everyone who believes in the sentiment of IMAGINE, to stand up for refugees everywhere! Please advocate and donate from the heart. #StandUpForUkraine” —Julian Lennon

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

James

Out There
Instructor
It's really hard to top Bowie's original.
True. He opened for the Tribute to NY at MSG in October 2001. After he closed with Heroes, they should’ve just shut everything down.

Amazed how many people cover that. I know I heard it in a car commercial recently, a very different version.

Bon Jovi??
Long time ago-

Peter Gabriel with Symphony-

Wallflowers

Miley Cyrus, in a straight up singing version for an NFL commercial, actually isn’t bad.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I falling down the rabbit hole of YouTube and saw this video by Elise Trouw. When I tried to post it here I just had trouble doing it, most likely me not thie site. I think this should work.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Full disclosure: These covers aren't better than the originals - that isn't possible - but watching and hearing Walk Off the Earth do a medley of 22 Beatles classics in four minutes is a truly memorable experience. These guys are fun!

Killer arrangement!

Sponsor

Staff online